3 months ago
Up to £35k, dependent on experience
Category: Development Jobs
We are recruiting a
Data Engineer to assist in developing and expanding Axa Insurance data platforms. We
are looking for someone with an aptitude and enthusiasm for learning and improving
in new data technologies. You will have a background and understanding in
manipulating data and
be motivated to develop these skills further. This is a role that will
develop your capabilities and you will join a supportive team that support the learning
The environment will
be varied and encompasses both established and recent technologies, as the
department progresses onto a Microsoft Azure foundation.
This is a hands-on
technical role to develop, support and improve AXA Insurance UK data solutions
under the guidance of team leads and architects. Some of the responsibilities
of the role are:
* Developing solutions in line with agreed requirements and design approach,
on any or all parts of data pipelines downstream from source systems (solutions
to include: changes to existing data feeds, creation of new data models and
processes for data provision etc.)
* Unit testing of own work and support of formal UAT
* Peer review of development completed by other Engineers
* Contribution to design and estimation sessions led by the
* Increasing the capability of the Engineering team through
knowledge-sharing and cross-skilling
We are looking for individuals who have the following background:
* Experience of ETL development eg. Microsoft SSIS or Informatica
* Experience of database schemas and 1 or more flavours of SQL - scripts, stored procedures, functions, indexes, constraints etc.
* An appreciation for the development lifecycle (e.g. dev, unit test, system test, UAT, etc.)
* Experience of using code repositories and version control (ideally Git)
* Understanding of Azure data solution tools and implementation principles. Some exposure to Data Factory/DataBricks/PySpark would be a bonus.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, the number one global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
What We Offer
As the number
one global insurance brand, and one of the Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big
Companies to work for, our reward package is a world-beater. Here’s a small
selection of our current benefits.
Scheme linked to yours and the company’s performance
scheme with employer contributions as well as your own
days holiday plus bank holidays and ability to purchase extra days
career and personal development opportunities through formal and informal
off Pure gym membership
off EE phone contracts
on all AXA Insurance products, including insurance, breakdown cover &
Important notice: We’ve recently become aware of a recruitment scam in which candidates are asked to be interviewed on Google Hangouts. It is not our policy to conduct interviews via Google Hangouts (we much prefer face-to-face), so if you have been asked to do this, please let the recruitment team know and we’ll do our best to advise you. Likewise, if you’re unsure if the person you’re speaking to is genuinely an AXA recruiter or the job you’re ing for is legitimately from AXA, please get in touch and we can check for you. We cannot be held responsible for any interviews conducted without our knowledge and authorisation. If you’re unsure and would like some advice, feel free to get in touch with our recruitment team.