11 days ago
We are recruiting a Data Engineer to assist in developing and expanding Axa Insurance data platforms. We are looking for someone with an aptitude and enthusiasm for learning and improving in new data technologies. You will have a background and understanding in manipulating data and be motivated to develop these skills further. This is a role that will develop your capabilities and you will join a supportive team that support the learning process.
The environment will be varied and encompasses both established and recent technologies, as the department progresses onto a Microsoft Azure foundation.
This is a hands-on technical role to develop, support and improve AXA Insurance UK data solutions under the guidance of team leads and the data solution architects. Some of the responsibilities of the role are:
* Develop solutions in line with the agreed design to extract, load and transform data for end user consumption (solutions to include: changes to existing data feeds, creation of new data models and processes for data provision etc.)
* Unit testing of own work and support of formal UAT
* Peer review of development completed by other Engineers
* Contribution to design and estimation sessions led by the Architecture team
* Increasing the capability of the Engineering team through knowledge-sharing and cross-skilling
We are looking for
individuals who have the following background:
* Exposure to ETL development eg. Microsoft SSIS or
* Good Database skills and understanding of
functions, procedures and SQL in SQL Server 2008R2 and later versions - T-SQL,
Stored Procedures, Functions, Indexes, Constraints etc.
* Experience using Code Repository and version
control (ideally using GIT, but TFS, SVN etc. also
* Understanding of Azure data solution tools and implementation
* Strong analytical and problem-solving
* Strong verbal and written
* Ability to work independently as well
* Strong attention to detail and
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, the number one global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
What We Offer
As the number
one global insurance brand, and one of the Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big
Companies to work for, our reward package is a world-beater. Heres a small
selection of our current benefits.
* Bonus Scheme linked to yours and the companys
* Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and ability to
purchase extra days
* 50% off Pure gym membership
* 20% off EE phone contracts
* Flexible working
* Flexible benefits scheme
* Discount on all AXA Insurance products, including
insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare
Important notice: We’ve recently become aware of a recruitment scam in which candidates are asked to be interviewed on Google Hangouts. It is not our policy to conduct interviews via Google Hangouts (we much prefer face-to-face), so if you have been asked to do this, please let the recruitment team know and we’ll do our best to advise you. Likewise, if you’re unsure if the person you’re speaking to is genuinely an AXA recruiter or the job you’re ing for is legitimately from AXA, please get in touch and we can check for you. We cannot be held responsible for any interviews conducted without our knowledge and authorisation. If you’re unsure and would like some advice, feel free to get in touch with our recruitment team.