5 months ago
Data Insight Analyst
Birmingham -Eagle Court Coventry Road -C1700
Data Insight Analyst
We are looking for talented analysts who are looking to take their career to the next level in a collaborative, driven and fun working environment. If you have a passion for deriving insight from data, then this is the role for you!
In role, you’ll be helping to support and deliver analysis and insight into the performance of mobile collection activity and to help develop and design strategies to support the business in optimising the collection function.
We’re looking for a real team player who is capable of contributing effectively, positively and adding value to the team dynamic and skills whilst being a good source of business and technical knowledge for your manager, team and stakeholders at all levels.
* To effectively analyse collections using analytical tools such as SAS or SQL by interrogating data systems in a logical and structured way. Identifying key trends and business opportunities and presenting results and new strategic changes to key stakeholders.
* To present effective presentations to senior managers with formal strategy proposals, highlighting key benefits to the business (OPEX saves, collections performance improvements, bad debt savings) and doing so in a clear and concise manner
* To support, develop and promote the CSI team with knowledge, skills and ideas, always striving for improvement.
* Develop successful and purposeful working relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external (Head of Collections, Strategy Managers, external suppliers)
* To work closely with the Collections Department providing insightful analysis in a timely manner, looking at agent performance, dialler effectiveness, collection schemes, letter & email strategies and existing customer behaviour and highlighting opportunities, successes and improvements
* To produce management information, ad hoc requests and resolution of management queries relating to operational performance and reporting
Skills and Competencies Required
* Advanced analytical skills
* Use of SQL, SAS and/or other software and tools in performing analysis
* Excellent technical and innovation skills with good business/marketing understanding to exploit them
* You’ll be a strong communicator, with a great ability to develop strong relationships with colleagues and other departments
* Intimately familiar with a broad range of analytical approaches, and research techniques and tools to generate data-derived insight
Required Critical Behaviours
• Able to manage situations of complexity with positive outcomes• Builds and develops the business and functional skills of more junior team members• Familiarity with emerging technologies and its impact on analytics and user behaviour• Ability to clearly communicate actionable insights and complex findings• Proven experience of working across multiple disciplines with competing priorities
We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension and, of course, discounts across Virgin Media products ad Virgin brands!
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
We embody the principles of what it is like to be part of the Virgin family. We are a collaborative bunch, and like to be a place where ideas and new ways of working can be forged.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!