25 days ago
Data Science Manager (Marketing) – Milton Keynes
Data Science Manager (Marketing) – Milton Keynes
South East England
Speak up for our customers in a rapidly growing area
The Marketing Planning & Effectiveness team is responsible for raising the understanding of how marketing contributes to the bank’s objectives, identifying and measuring the performance drivers for all marketing activity, modelling future results and optimising the effectiveness of marketing activity.
This role leads and implements the longer-term strategy for marketing science, shaping a new approach to analysis, championing the blended use of data, technology and customer insight and ensuring the whole of Marketing uses what we learn to drive greater effectiveness and keep our customers at the centre of what we do.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Marketing Science Manager your main responsibilities will be
* This role devises and implements experiments to explore new ways to deliver measurable performance gains and helps to establish and foster an outcome-orientated and evidence-led culture based on sound scientific principles.
* This influential role in the Marketing team is accountable for supporting the organisation to achieve its business goals through innovative techniques that measure and enhance the effectiveness of Marketing activities and Sustainability programmes.
* The role will have a clear understanding of the bank’s strategic objectives and the roles Marketing plays in achieving them.
* This role will form and maintain close partnerships with fellow data-science professionals across the Business and third parties to form and implement an integrated plan of effectiveness activities and share findings – helping to form a data analysis community.
* Proactively manages internal / external enquiries and provides support and advice in their field of expertise across the organisation.
* Contributes to the transformation of the Marketing function leveraging on digital technologies and new ways of working to drive process improvement and best practices
* Line management responsibility for 1 direct report.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Excellent understanding and practical experience of statistical analysis and data science including data modelling and hypothesis testing techniques.
* Strong communication skills and ability to present complex ideas and analysis in ways that engage and influence a range of audiences.
* An appropriate knowledge of the regulatory frameworks relating to use of data (e.g. GDPR)
* Sound understanding of the customer and drivers of customer behaviour.
* Working knowledge of the changes in digital technology and how these create opportunities to refine targeting and to deliver more effective marketing plans, content and reporting.
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here