2 months ago
Job Summary & Purpose
We’re looking for a skilled and driven digital editor or staff writer with an interest in music-making and music listening, and a talent for offering clean and clear buying advice to join our team in either London or Bath.
5 million people read MusicRadar and Louder each month, and there is the potential for hundreds of thousands of those people to trust the buying advice we give so much that they click through and buy a product we’ve recommended. As the first dedicated-eComm writer you’ll work closely with both sites to guide these readers to the best products and the best prices. This is a chance to make a name for yourself, establishing an eComm-driven culture into already high-achieving sites.
You’ll need to be able to write accurately and compellingly to give accurate, salient and empathetic buying advice. You’ll need to be able to tell the good apples from the bad, with a keen sense of smell for the best prices, deals and promotions. Day-to-day you’ll use our world class price comparison tools to guide readers to the best prices, writing regular news stories and comprehensive buying guides while you keep your finger on the pulse of the latest releases.
You will need fantastic organisational and time-management skills, and a demonstrable talent for writing clean, quality content. You will need to develop razor sharp SEO skills to ensure your content reaches its intended audience, as well as the ability to adapt quickly while working in a fast paced and ambitious environment. If this sounds like you, apply below and let us know why you’re a great candidate for the job!
Key role responsibilities
* Managing key verticals and devising content strategies for long term success of the brands.
* Commissioning, managing and writing the sites’ eCommerce content including buying guides and news stories.
* Ensuring that all content has an audience strategy at its heart.
* Unearthing and exploring new opportunities for content initiatives based on seasonal patterns, new trends, keyword research or eCommerce opportunities.
* Liaising and harmonising with other teams in the business, whether that be audience development, affiliates or content hubs.
Essential skills and experience
* Commercially savvy with an entrepreneurial outlook.
* Proven ability to write high quality engaging content.
* An existing understanding of SEO best practices and the ability to develop these skills quickly.
* Ability to work quickly and accurately with a ‘right first time’ approach to your writing.
* Ability to use Google Analytics to report on and inform content strategies.
* Knowledge and experience of content management systems.
* Ability to work as part of a wider team and be evangelical for eComm.
* Able to interpret and use audience behavioural data to inform content strategy.
* Excellent communication skills to work with internal and external stakeholders.
* An interest and expertise in technology and gadgets, including knowledge around the mobile phone and broadband market in the UK.