6 months ago
The Hardware team is seeking a driven and excited Demand Planning Manager to expand and enhance our Regional Demand Planning operations. This role sits within Google’s Consumer Hardware team and is responsible for all demand planning activities for the region across multiple product categories. You'll be managing key internal/external stakeholders as they manage end-to-end supply chain operations for Google’s Hardware business. You have proven leadership, influence, project management, and analytical capabilities, and will be critical in the next phase of the company’s growth.
Consumer Hardware is a rapidly-growing product area within Google, as a provider of cutting-edge first party hardware products. By hardware we mean that we are focused on consumer experience, including the purchasing experience, hardware, software (always in collaboration with other product areas, but sometimes adding our own too!), design, supply chain, and Go-to-Market (sales and marketing). We strive to have polished end user experiences offering the best of Google.
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Demand Planning Manager at Google, you lead complex, multidisciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Only one thing consistently stands in the way between our users and the world's information—hardware. Our Consumer Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Consumer Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
* Lead Collaborative, Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment discussions with consumer electronics retailers/network carriers.
* Support monthly global internal consensus forecasting process through liaison with central supply planning teams.
* Manage levels of sell-in/sell-out forecast accuracy across third-party retail partners and Google’s own online channel.
* Maintain optimal channel inventory through the various stages of the product lifecycle. Act as the central point of contact for all supply chain matters for regional new product launches.
* Lead the monthly cross-functional Executive Sales and Operations (S&OP) planning cycle, driving alignment with all key functions on sales forecast and supply allocation.
* BA/BS degree in Business, Supply Chain, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in supply chain planning and implementation, and experience in end-to-end supply chain management (e.g. scheduling, warehousing, fulfillment, reverse logistics).
* Experience in managing Collaborative Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment processes with retailers (i.e. managing regional sell-in, sell-through, and sell-out demand forecasting and inventory allocation throughout product life cycle).
* Experience in bringing new products to market across EMEA markets.
* Experience in a cross-functional leadership and change management role.
* Expertise in planning and demand forecasting and inventory optimization.
* Effective critical thinking and decision making skills.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem-solving and presentation skills.
* Ability to speak and write in English and one or more of the following French, German, Spanish and/or Italian fluently and idiomatically.