3 months ago
• A Developer
• £35,000- £51,000 (depending on current package + experience)
• Location: Bristol/Swindon
There’s never been a better time to join Nationwide Digital…
Did you know we’re the world’s largest Building Society, the UK’s 2nd largest Mortgage provider and one of the fastest growing current account providers in the market… last year more people opened an account with the Society than with any other brand!
And we’re on a hugely exciting and ambitious transformation journey to evolve our digital services so that we can be there for our members as and when they need us, delivering legendary service across Mobile and Internet Banking, creating new and exciting propositions, meeting member needs today and tomorrow…
Our Service & Design Experience team define and create member-focused experiences across all digital products. Every day, design, technology and delivery experts collaborate on our most complex digital challenges, either working out of one of the best in-house spaces in the South West (our Bristol Design studio) or our fast paced, ‘Agile’ environment at Head Office in Swindon!
And that’s where you come in....
Who we're looking for
Web site development doesn’t just happen. It is the result of careful and considered activity that embodies the needs of usability, accessibility, efficiency and security. That’s why we look for people who put the needs of our customers first in everything they do.
As a minimum, you’ll:
• Be proficient in a variety of front-end and back-end technologies
• Be experienced in developing for multi-platforms/devices and a solid understanding of all industry standard browser technologies
• Have proven experience of developing to W3C standards (including accessibility); in depth understanding of web development best practices and a good understanding of web usability best practices
• Have proven experience in successful management and delivery of the development elements of small to medium sized projects
• Experience of working in agile environments
What you'll be doing
Right now, we’re looking for an ambitious Developer to join our expanding the team.
This is a great opportunity to work with and support Senior Developers and Development Managers with development responsibilities that span all experience and service touch points across the Nationwide digital estate (including nationwide.co.uk, mobile, branch screens, ATM, etc.)
You’ll work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams of Product Owners, Content Designers, UX Designers, Designers and Delivery Leads, and with stakeholder across the business to create experiences and services that have a positive impact on our members, colleagues and business.
Using your knowledge and experience of front-end and/or back-end web technologies, you’ll be instrumental in carrying out development activities to deliver best in class digital experiences.