about 1 year ago
Amazon Web Services is the industry’s leading cloud computing platform, a range of services for developers and IT professionals that promise to lower costs and transform how applications are built.
As a Serverless Developer/Technical Evangelist for Amazon Web Services will join an experienced and energetic organization that is responsible for driving the development and adoption of AWS services across the globe. In this role, you’ll combine your unbridled passion and enthusiasm with your unmatched creativity to generate grass-roots attention, support, and adoption of AWS among key industry opinion makers and technologists in the serverless developer community.
Ideally, you’re someone who comes from a software development or architecture background with a significant track record in creating products, applications or services using serverless technologies, but has an unmet need to be on stage guiding the broader industry towards adoption and exploitation of a technology you firmly believe in. You have immediate credibility with Developers, Architects, IT Managers and CIOs. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so.
You don’t just want to be part of an industry movement, you want to be out front leading it.
· Significant experience working in a developer relations, technology evangelist or technical executive role
· Strong knowledge and experience with serverless development, cloud computing services & infrastructure, application development platforms, and other popular programming languages
· Computer Science or Software Engineering Degree
· Superior oral and written communication skills in English, plus other languages relevant within the region.
· Willingness to travel and ability to work autonomously
· A history of successful speaking engagements and industry influence is preferred
· 10 to 15 years’ experience in IT Infrastructure and/or software development, with special emphasis in areas of Compute, Big Data and distributed computing.
· Significant experience in working to develop systems and services using serverless architectures
· Practical experience in cloud computing architecture work, systems or application design, development or operations is a requirement.
· Past experience with Cloud platforms is preferred. Knowledge of AWS a bonus.
· Strong knowledge and experience with social / online marketing coupled with prior experience in product definition, bring-to-market strategies in defining industry standards
· Outstanding content creation, public speaking and presentation skills.
· Pre-established credibility and recognition in speaking engagements and technology publications is preferred.
· Extensive industry contacts in the software development field and the ability to work cooperatively with, and gain the respect of, software developers