5 months ago
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
About the Team:
DDI are the digital engine room of O2.
We understand the needs of the business to deliver products & services into the hands of our customers by using the best people, tools & techniques. We blend technical knowledge, efficiency and innovation to deliver digital solutions with momentum, quality and robustness.
We are looking for a DevOps expert with passion and energy, a strong desire to learn and improve and a commitment to driving our DevOps journey forward. You’ll have to make tough decisions, implement best practices and provide compromises when situations are not ideal. The candidate will have experience of working in Agile teams preferably in the Digital domain.
The DevOps engineer will be helping development teams build highly scalable products as a member of O2’s Digital, Data and Innovation team. Working under the vision of a product owner and alongside developers, UX team, operational experts and our delivery team, you will be responsible for making sure that features are delivered with the highest possible quality.
You will be expected to setup the CI/CD pipelines, build in monitoring, config management, release engineering utilizing industry best practices.
We expect the DevOps engineer to collaborate within the team as well as push new ideas for the wider business on better ways to do things. We will want you to help coach the development team on DevOps best practices. Defining ops strategy, integration into our monitoring platforms, and educating others are key elements of this role. Stability, risk and security are something you are passionate about and will factor these into any platform that you build. We expect you will take pride in any platform that you manage.
* Define and maintain DevOps best practices and standards to be used across DDI products
* Play an active part in agile ceremonies, sprint planning, backlog grooming and task estimation.
* Design and build of continuous integration pipelines, automating the environment, improving the use of AWS.
* Promoter of & building out a DevOps culture within a traditional IT enterprise
* Integrate security and compliance into the build and delivery of software.
* Define and own application deployment strategies
Skills & experience:
* Multiple years of DevOps experience
* Experienced with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation
* Teamwork, collaboration & communication skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams
* A positive attitude towards working within a team and being a team player.
* Solid programming skills to deliver functionality using shell scripts, Python, GO or Java.
* Detailed knowledge of AWS services and technical expertise to produce reference architectures
* Configuration automation primarily using ansible to ensure application configuration can be applied consistently across all domains.
* Experience with Continuous Integration systems such as Jenkins as well as orchestration platforms like Kubernetes
* Testing, setup and configuration of monitoring/alerting tooling (ELK, Graphite, Grafana, collectd, etc.)
* Security knowledge including Firewalls (Software/hardware), IPS/IDS, Antivirus, SIEM, DDOS
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.