3 months ago
Digital Account Manager
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
The Digital Account Manager is a core role within the advertising and media division that sits within BT.
The account management team will play a pivotal role, working closely with internal sales, operations and monetisation teams alongside agencies and clients to ensure strong and relevant communication streams.
You will use excellent organisational and project management skills to drive campaign success, you will oversee the full campaign management process from planning/forecasting avails and building proposals to setting up, monitoring delivery and reporting.
You should have an excellent eye for detail even when working on multiple campaigns and deadlines simultaneously.
You will oversee the delivery process across our programmatic and direct sales channels. A key focus will include supporting the sales teams in achieving revenue targets, upselling opportunities and achieving excellent customer service. This will be accomplished by building trust and understanding with clients, whilst applying strategic thinking across multiple campaigns.
You will have excellent time management skills, managing priorities and deliverables whilst ensuring excellent customer service. Managing the client’s expectations in terms of deliverables will be a key focus alongside a positive, pro-active approach to support the sales team in market.
The team is new and as a result is growing quickly so you should enjoy a fast paced environment where you have to adapt to new technologies and products and want to understand the full capabilities of how best to use them to help drive efficiencies.
You will support the sales team not only through excellent customer service but by understanding the core BT advertising story and be able to communicate this clearly with clients to reinforce the strong and trusted position BT holds in market.
What you'll be doing
• Establish strong relationships with clients and internal teams to manage priorities, campaigns and deliverables.
• Oversee the overall account management processes to drive strategic campaign success and client satisfaction.
• Planning and forecasting for briefs and upcoming campaigns to secure inventory where relevant and updating the sales and monetisation teams when necessary.
• Work with the operations team to ensure that campaigns are setup correctly in line with client expectations and bookings.
• Understand the breakdown of ad units and placements across the BT portfolio.
• Monitor and communicate campaign progress through regular reporting, utilising these insights across future campaign setup and optimisations, suggesting upsell opportunities where relevant.
• Troubleshooting any technical or implementation issues to provide the most effective solutions whilst prioritising deadlines and ensuring communication flows between relevant parties.
• Analyse campaign performance against client KPIs to identify and recommend optimisations to meet and exceed these expectations.
• Understand revenue targets across the team and our strategy to monetise BT properties and inventory.
• Help to develop best practices and work flow efficiencies with campaign management and other keys teams across the advertising business (e.g. operations, sales, marketing and data)
• Understand our BT properties and data proposition to help in providing the most suitable solutions for agency campaigns and briefs.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
• Strong understanding of the advertising ecosystem and programmatic selling channels.
• Knowledge of DSPs and SSPs, previous experience across Google Adx/DFP and Ad Manager would be preferred
• Experience in a client facing role within digital advertising
• Ideally, you will have atleast 3/4 years experience in a client facing role.
• Experience in reporting across campaign performance with the ability to make recommendations for future campaigns
• Ability to work with a broad range of internal teams whilst managing campaigns across multiple agency groups
• Ability to prioritise work load across clients and internal departments
• Excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Strong communication skills both verbally and written
Why choose us?
What we can offer you
At BT, we entertain, educate and empower millions of people every single day. We’re a brand built on connecting people – whether that’s friends, family, businesses or communities. Working here, you’ll receive an attractive salary and a range of competitive benefits, but – more than that – you’ll be joining an ambitious organisation with a culture of togetherness, collaboration and inclusivity, that takes a genuine and proactive interest in your progress and development. Benefits of working for BT include:
• Competitive salary and on-target bonus plan
• World-class training and development opportunities
• 25 days’ annual leave (not including bank holidays)
• Discounted broadband, mobile and TV packages
• Car allowance (dependent on your role)
• Share option and pension scheme programmes
• Automatic enrolment into our ‘Sales as Profession’ community
• Flexible benefits to fit around you
BT is an equal opportunities employer. We’re working hard to create an inclusive working environment, where people from all backgrounds can succeed. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there’s any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.