Job Title - Digital and Content Marketing Officer - Online Learning
Department / College - UDOL Marketing
Location - Enterprise Centre, Bridge Street, Derby, DE1 3LD
Salary - £26,498 to £29,131 per annum (pay aware pending) (fixed term for 22 months)
Report to - UDOL Marketing Manager
This role is suited to an experienced, energetic and creative individual with a genuine passion for digital marketing, who thrives in a dynamic, fast paced and forward thinking environment. Reporting to the UDOL Marketing Manager, and at times deputising for them, the Digital and Content Marketing Officer will lead on digital marketing activity for the promotion of UDOL’s online programmes and professional development courses. This role will be responsible for the effective development and delivery of digital and content marketing approaches to raise market awareness and drive quality lead acquisition and conversion in order that student recruitment targets are met. A customer service ethos which matches the University’s Values and Behaviours is essential; outstanding communication, persuasion and influencing skills are a must, as is a passion for continuous improvement and a determination for excellence. The successful candidate will demonstrate a genuine interest in keeping abreast of the external environment with regards to relevant marketing and higher education developments.
1. Working closely with the marketing, management, academic and programme teams, lead on digital and content marketing strategies, developing and delivering campaigns targeting UK and International markets to promote UDOLs programmes and professional development courses in order that student recruitment targets are met. Deliver all marketing in line with GDPR and CMA regulations.
2. Coordinate digital campaign and advertising activity, delivered through digital media agencies and internally, ensuring campaigns are optimized across a wide range of digital strategies including 2 Sensitivity: Internal PPC / Adwords, Digital Display, Paid Social, content discovery / organic search through data driven performance and analysis.
3. Coordinate and ensure the effective development and delivery of digital content and media including videography and photography, blogs / vlogs, graphics / display creative and ecommunications to support marketing campaign and student recruitment activity. This includes liaising with media partners, producing design briefs, preparing and proofing copy / artwork, and overseeing design and development process to ensure that content produced is of a high standard, delivered on time and adheres to brand guidelines.
4. Plan, develop and implement e-communication plans using our CRM system (MS Dynamics), to targeted audiences to maintain brand awareness and drive conversion through regular communications with prospective students and applicants, including tracking and reporting of results and performance to continually review, refine and improve. Ensure that HTML emails are prepared, set-up and delivered in line with e-communication plans and that quality of data is maintained at all times.
5. Work closely with the Website Management team to support the rollout of the new UDOL website through the provision of new, refreshed and optimised content and assist with the migration of content from the existing site to the new one. Ensure website personalisation and geo-targeting plans are developed and achieved.
6. Optimise the use of social media platforms, leading on the development of social media communication and content plans whilst ensuring alignment to marketing and communications plans. Monitor, evaluate and report on performance and impact of social media activity.
7. Take responsibility for the planning, delivery and evaluation of webinars and virtual events for lead generation and conversion and optimize their impact.
8. Produce KPI and status reports on activity and results on a regular and ad hoc basis, whilst using this analysis and making and acting upon recommendations to further improve performance.
9. Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the UDOL offer and product range, USPs, target markets, the wider recruitment environment and competitor activity in order to effectively support campaign development.
10. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal teams and departments as well as with external suppliers and University Agents and Partners, maintaining a high level of professionalism at all times. Share ideas and best practice with marketing and digital teams across the wider university and collaborate on marketing projects as appropriate.
11. Represent UDOL marketing on appropriate committees and project groups to offer marketing input, advice and support.
12. Deputise for the UDOL Marketing Manager as required.
13. Identify new trends in digital and content marketing, evaluate new technologies and ensure UDOL is at the forefront of these developments Keep abreast of the marketing and the competitor 3 Sensitivity: Internal landscape and share knowledge and insight with the Market Insight team and UDOL Management teams
14. Take responsibility for own personal development in line with agreed annual performance objectives.
15. Maintain a commitment to the vision of UDOL and the spirit of UDOL and the wider University, carrying out duties commensurate with the level of responsibility of the post as agreed with the Line Manager.
Relevant degree (or equivalent qualification) or comparable knowledge gained through professional experience
Experienced in content and digital marketing approaches, SEO and paid strategies.
Experience managing and optimising social media platforms and delivering social media campaigns
Talented in the creation and production of a wide range of digital content and media, as well as preparing and proofreading copy
Experienced in managing digital campaigns / marketing projects from concept to completion whilst liaising with stakeholders / suppliers to ensure campaigns deliverables are achieved and deadlines are met.
Well practiced in email marketing and capable of using ECRM systems
Adept with Google Analytics or similar analytical platforms to analyse digital performance and inform data driven approaches.
Proficient using Website Content Management Systems and managing and producing website content.
Skills, knowledge & Abilities
Passion for digital marketing and data driven performance
Strong ability to effectively manage multiple projects and activities within deadlines
Highly organised with the ability to prioritise work & meet deadlines
Creative flair, with innovative ideas and attention to detail
Driven and self-reliant with a positive and proactive manner, solutions focused and adaptive to change.
Not phased and thrives in a busy environment whilst able to work flexibly, on own initiative and as part of a team
Persuasive and resilient with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to confidently interact with people at all levels in a variety of situations
Customer service ethos matching the University values and behaviours
Willingness and flexibility to working hours (will be required to work occasional evenings / weekends on a pre-arranged basis and there may be occasional travel with overnight stays while attending planned external events)
The need to travel and work between University sites will be required at times.
Digital marketing qualification or training
Experience delivering webinars/ webcast/ virtual events
A background working within HE/ distance learning sector
Capable of producing KPI, and activity status reports and management information
Good commercial acumen
Skills, knowledge and abilities
Strong understanding of GDPR and CMA regulations and their effects on marketing
Highly analytical with ability to interpret data and make recommendations
Ability to work within brand style guideline
As well as competitive pay scales, we offer generous holiday entitlement. We also offer opportunities for further salary progression based on performance, and the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme