6 months ago
up to £40,000 (depending on experience).
Category: Digital Marketing Jobs
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Salary: up to £40,000 (depending on experience).
Full time, permanent.
This is the job
Reporting directly to the Digital Content Lead, you’ll join a team of passionate and creative Digital Content Editors.
You’ll be an experienced and confident copywriter, editor and content producer who loves words and can spot a typo at 20 paces. Whether you’re writing for the app or website, you’ll deliver brilliant, on-brand content that engages and delights. And you’ll always have our customers in mind – from making the technical stuff simple, to making our membership compelling. Working closely with our designers, you’ll be instrumental in bringing our products – from insurance and breakdown cover to mortgages and Driving School – to life.
You’ll be responsible for a specific area of content on our site, producing this within a tight-knit, agile scrum team – so you’ll need to be self-sufficient, as well as great at building effective working relationships with stakeholders. And you’ll relish the challenge of contributing to exciting projects, whether it’s writing supporting online copy for brand campaigns; creating inspiring internal content for our colleagues; or helping to launch new engagement channels like Chatbot and Voice.
What will I be doing?
* Writing and editing copy in line with our brand, tone of voice and house style guidelines and our content strategy
* Working across multiple projects, using your knowledge to develop outstanding content across all digital channels and push creative boundaries
* Working collaboratively with the wider design team, including UI/UX designers, to create user-focused copy and seamless customer journeys
* Building and editing content pages in CMS Sitecore
* Presenting content to stakeholders, incorporating feedback and being an advocate for our content principles
* Carrying out user research to inform content decisions
* Knowing and understanding the KPIs for the department, and use them when you’re creating content
What do I need?
Capability, knowledge and experience:
* At least 3 years’ experience as a copywriter or editor creating content for websites and/or apps
* Experienced at writing high-quality, engaging copy that’s mobile-first and optimised for SEO
* Experienced in tackling briefs and following marketing brand guidelines, copy decks, TOV guidelines/style guides when creating new or re-purposing old content
* Excellent written and verbal communication and a meticulous attention to detail when proofreading your own or another editor’s work
* Conversant in Sitecore CMS or equivalent CMS systems
* Confident writing UX copy; familiar with user journeys, wireframes, transactional content
* Have a results-focused and strategic approach to your work, with an appreciation of how data and insight should influence copy
* Excellent MS Office and Adobe Acrobat experience
* Strong grounding in digital content marketing and/or experience working directly with PR and creative agencies, with an understanding of how wider marketing strategies apply to creating content (desirable)
* Familiar with working in agile/scrum environments (desirable)
* Experience of working with JIRA (desirable)
* Experience using Google Analytics to inform and improve content and conversion (desirable)
Education and qualifications:
* University degree desirable
* Self-starter that takes the initiative and works well in teams
* Good organisational skills, including the ability to manage competing priorities and meet tight deadlines
* Good interpersonal skills and can communicate on all levels including director level
* An eagerness to learn and develop
* Reflects and exhibits the AA Brand Values – Courtesy, Care, Expertise, Dynamism and Collaboration