3 months ago
Leeds Building Society is looking for a Digital Copywriter to join our Digital Experience Department. You will be based at our Head Office in the heart of Leeds city centre.
About the role
Creative with a keen eye for detail, you write fluent digital content that's engaging, informative and persuasive. Your words will connect with our members and prospects across all platforms and devices, building relationships and generating loyalty along the way. Instinctively, you'll translate highly complex financial subjects and products into easily understood copy that appeals to both financially savvy and less knowledgeable customers. You'll ensure our online copy dovetails with brand and tone of voice guidelines, conveys our core values and appeals to customer personas. Curious and methodical, you'll also need to assist in content research and audits and be prepared to pitch into everything from market leading product launches to everyday site updates.
Do you have the essential skills and experience for this role?
* Significant experience in a copywriting role gained in either in-house or agency side
* Experience of writing for financial services
* Degree in English, journalism, communications, creative writing or the equivalent workplace experience
* Ability to edit and maintain content across all major platforms
* Knowledge of digital content best industry practice, including SEO
* Strong team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to work with stakeholders
Desirable Skills & Experience
* Experience working and publishing using a content management system
* Knowledge of using personas and ability to change tone accordingly
Have you seen our benefits and rewards package?
* Annual salary & performance related bonus
* 26 days annual holiday & annual holiday purchase scheme
* Health Shield cash plan Life Assurance
* Pension scheme & Life Assurance
* Annual volunteering day & long service awards
* Childcare voucher scheme & Recommend a friend scheme
* Bus & train travel ticket loans & a Cycle Flex Scheme
Are you looking for a rewarding career? We see all colleagues as key to our success. Life at Leeds Building Society is both stretching and rewarding and we provide a wide range of training and development opportunities to help you build a successful career with us.
What do you know about Leeds Building Society?
We are the 5th biggest building society in the UK with 140 years of experience and we have every intention of getting better and better. We are totally committed to do what we were set up to do – to help people save money and to buy their own home.
We've won a whole host of awards over the years including Best Companies accreditation, which reflects our continued commitment to colleagues and the customer service they provide to our members. We work hard to develop a product range to try to meet our members' needs, and partner with numerous local communities and chosen charities.
We're not a bank – we're a mutual, which means we're owned by our members and are run exclusively in their best interests.
Leeds Building Society is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us.