about 1 year ago
Within this role no two days are the same! However there are 3 key elements to the role, which are:
1. Supporting and mentoring the Digital Analysts and specialists – this involves coaching and guiding them where appropriate, regular peer reviews, being accountable for ensuring that they maintain their brilliant basics (documentation, planning and updating the Digital Portfolio). You will also proactively manage the development of the Delivery team, ensuring continuous improvement and contributing to the high performance culture.
2. Being accountable for the delivery of projects/initiatives assigned to you end to end - this involves building strong relationships across the society, managing and communicating regularly with key stakeholders, being the virtual manager of the Digital teams that are responsible for delivery, planning and updating relevant documentation and removing blockers and hurdles for the team. The key is being able to keep deliverables moving forward despite ambiguity
3. Methodology and project concepts – you will not only act as the custodian of the digital methodology and are responsible for ensuring that our ways of working are adhered to, but are also responsible for helping to shape and defining project concepts with the Digital Delivery lead.
This role requires someone with extensive knowledge and experience within a project management or delivery environment and experience of a variety of deliver methodologies or principles would be advantageous e.g. waterfall, Scrum, Kanban, Lean etc. You will have successfully delivered a number of different projects and initiatives of varying sizes, complexities and budgets from concept through to post-launch evaluation and optimisation.
Ideally you will have strong experience within a digital environment but applications from those without will be considered if a clear passion for digital and a good understanding of the current landscape can be demonstrated.
You’ll have strong experience of building really strong relationships with key stakeholders through your diplomacy, collaborative skills and problem-solving. Additionally you have experience of the selection, on-boarding and management of third parties.
You’ll think like a business person questioning and understanding the business need for each initiative/project and making on-going decisions based on what’s best for the society and the customer — even if that means challenging senior stakeholders and/or digital colleagues.
Continuous improvement, self-developments and the development of the team will be a priority for you and ideally you have some line management experience.
About the Society
At Skipton Building Society we are not just another Financial Services Institution we are a mutual organisation, which means we are owned by our members and believe in placing them at the heart of everything we do.
The same goes for our people. We can only be successful as a business if we have great people and we believe in treating people as individuals. Our values are Trust, Ownership and One Team which reflect the attitudes and way of working everyone here displays on a daily basis, and which are key to the delivery of the outstanding level of personal service we offer our customers.
We believe a diverse and inclusive culture is an integral part of our core values providing a solid foundation from which to foster an environment where everyone is encouraged to fulfil their capability and potential. Our flexible working arrangements can help you achieve a balanced lifestyle.
In return for all your hard work and commitment, you will get the support and recognition you deserve. You can expect a structured training and development programme tailored to your needs. You will also be eligible for the following:
* Group Personal Pension Plan
* Life Cover
* 25 days’ holiday, plus one day for each year you’re with us, up to a maximum of 30 days (pro rata when working on a reduced hours basis)
* Discretionary annual bonus scheme
* Paid course fees to study for a professional qualification (where relevant to the role)
* Childcare vouchers
* Head Office onsite shop and internet café
* An opportunity to join Simply Health Cash Plan – offering twenty annual benefits including dental care, optical care and physiotherapy
* Option to donate to charity direct through Payroll Giving
* Online employee benefits scheme offering discounts with hundreds of high street and online retailers
* Eye Tests
Skipton are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.