11 months ago
We are looking for a talented and ambitious digital designer to join the in-house creative team. You'll work as part of a multi-disciplined team to design user focused experiences. While you'll need to follow our brand guidelines we'd love to be challenged on our approach to them. We'll expect you to push us, sometimes be rejected and push us again. You'll be part of the Marketing Operations Design Team but will be working exclusively with our online teams who are made up of talented specialists including UX practitioners, copy writers, scrum masters and product owners all collaborating to explore and execute inspirational and innovative ways for customers to connect with the brand.
Working with the online and digital teams as part of a micro team, working in scrum and agile, the successful candidate will be expected to develop, test and iterate experiences and journeys. Understanding and participating in user research is an important part of the role to help improve our digital assets and hit our KPIs. You'll also work closely with the other digital designers and UX team to deliver consistent experiences.
We believe how we work is as important as what we do. You'll find friendly & sociable individuals eager to develop & learn across not just the design team, but also the wider business.
Roles & Responsibilities
The digital designer role will be responsible for leading the micro team on design. Everyone on the team has a voice and it will be up to you to use your experience, best practices and research to validate ideas and develop journeys better than before. You'll be expected to show a love of design, to understand trends and feel passionate about delivering best in class work and understand the benefits of User Centered Design.
What does the role involve?
* To lead design within the digital micro-team
* Help your team understand the benefits of User Centered Design
* Create consistency and clarity across all our digital touch points
* Ensure the work sits within a responsive, digital environment
* Contribute to the culture of the design team, your micro team and the wider business
* Work with other members of the Brand and Creative team and internal clients to understand requirements
* Understand and work to meet the organisation's aims and objectives
* Understand and manage client needs and expectations
* Develop technical skills to stay abreast of software changes.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
The type of person we are looking for
* An excellent portfolio that demonstrates creative design, composition and typographic skills
* High levels of creativity
* At least a couple of years’ experience of working in an agency or internal design team
* Experience of working with guidelines
* An open and proactive approach to working with other team members
* Strong problem solving ability and attention to detail.
* Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines