6 months ago
As part of our busy Digital team you’ll contribute to campaigns and projects that support the wider Commercial department. Cross-team working will be part of your routine. On a typical day you’ll be working with a number of stakeholders across Customer Experience, Marketing, Brand Design and IT, making sure usability is at the forefront of design and development. You’ll be creating design assets and prototypes for web pages and emails, ranging from screen designs in Photoshop, to HTML/CSS prototypes , snippets of code and email templates.
Market conditions change quickly in financial services, so be prepared to react to adhoc requirements that need a quick turnaround. And you’ll need your finger on the pulse of web and email design development, knowing what’s hot and what’s not, to keep up with emerging trends.
On the technical side of things we’re looking for someone with a particular set of skills:
* Creative web design and client side web development
* Strong understanding of web technologies used for UI development and testing
* Experience designing and developing fully responsive UI designs compatible with a wide range of browsers and devices including mobile, tablet and desktop
* Experience of email template development and testing
* Usability and accessibility techniques and standards
* HTML 4 and 5, XHTML, CSS2 and 3
* Proficient in Photoshop or similar software to create optimised digital assets and screen prototypes
* Experience of building websites using a Content Management System and its capabilities as a business user (Sitecore, Word Press, Drupal or equivalent)
* Presenting design output to a technical and non-technical people
Although your technical skills are important, curiosity’s essential, too. You’ll be interested in the what, the why and the how, with the ability to strike a balance between what’s realistic and what’s achievable. Ideally you’ll understand the restrictions associated with financial services – recognising when it’s time to be creative and when it’s time to hold back. You won’t be afraid to talk or challenge and you’ll be good at listening, too.
About the Society
When you become a Skipton colleague you’ll be welcomed in by supportive people who are keen to see you do well, all within a high performing organisation where colleagues are curious and encouraged to challenge the mainstream. We’re on the Times Top 100 Companies to Work For list and we’re the only building society in the UK to achieve Platinum accreditation from Investors in People.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where every colleague has an opportunity to fulfil their career potential. This includes consideration for anyone seeking a more flexible work-life balance. If you have a need for flexibility, please let us know.
In return for all your hard work and commitment, you will get the support and recognition you deserve. You can expect a structured training and development programme tailored to your needs. You will also be eligible for the following:
* Group Personal Pension Plan
* Life Cover
* 25 days’ holiday, plus one day for each year you’re with us, up to a maximum of 30 days (pro rata when working on a reduced hours basis)
* SBS offer a range of preferential employee savings & insurance products
* Paid course fees to study for a professional qualification (where relevant to the role)
* Childcare vouchers
* An opportunity to join Simply Health Cash Plan – offering twenty annual benefits including dental care, optical care and physiotherapy
* Option to donate to charity direct through Payroll Giving
* Online employee benefits scheme offering discounts with hundreds of high street and online retailers
* Eye Tests