7 months ago
Our Global Vision is to be the world’s fashion authorities. Endorsed by opinion formers and accessible to everyone, we are authentic British Brands with world-class standards. Fashion insiders that constantly innovate through a brave and irreverent approach; providing fashion leadership to style-minded individuals.
As a Digital Designer you will be working within the core design team, this is an opportunity to get involved in helping to define, design and improve the brands websites as a whole. We are looking for a midweight designer who is focused on furthering the TOPSHOP TOPMAN experience across all of the brand’s digital channels. Candidates should be full of ideas and passion for digital design and have a strong interest in fashion, digital innovation and pixel perfection.
The role will encompass both editorial and UI design; designing beautiful editorial features, working on layout, concept and art direction with our Editorial team, in addition to working closely with UX designers to creatively develop and improve the main structure of TOPSHOP TOPMAN Digital’s future offering. The role will work across all of our platforms from Desktop and Mobile to Apps and Social.
DAY TO DAY
* Working across multiple channels with the digital design team to produce innovative solutions and high quality design for the eCommerce site and other digital platforms.
* Working on specific sections of the desktop site, mobile site and apps to improve functionality and aesthetics.
* Demonstrating an understanding of web development and platforms to inform design decisions
* Developing strong User Interfaces and develop UX wireframes/layouts into pixel perfect designs that not only look beautiful but also perform for our business.
* Working closely with UX designers to improve user journeys and push TOPSHOP TOPMAN’s offering.
* Working alongside a talented team of digital and print designers to make sure all projects are aligned and match the strong brand identity.
* Continually maintain awareness of customer’s user behavior to maximize their experience and to generate sales.
* Keeping up to date with digital innovations and competitors to help inform innovative ideas.
* Aiding the wider design team in the understanding and production of good User Interface and Editorial design.
* Passion for the TOPSHOP TOPMAN Brands and strong customer knowledge.
* The ability to build strong relationships with key business areas.
* Can demonstrate the ability to stay positive under pressure and stay focused on goals.
* Experience working in Digital Design, preferably from a Fashion/eCommerce background.
* Experience designing cross-platform (in fashion or lifestyle preferably) - understanding the specifics of designing for Desktop, Mobile, Tablets and Apps.
* A knowledge of various grid based design frameworks (Foundation/Bootstrap etc.) and UI design methodologies (card based/responsive/adaptive/Material etc.).
* Experience with Wireframing/Prototyping tools (Invision etc.).
* A strong sense of typography and layout and good attention to detail.
* Awareness of good contemporary digital design & pixel perfection.
* Proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (experts in After Effects Photoshop and Illustrator).
* Proficient knowledge of Web Design packages (Sketch etc.).
* Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS and CMS capabilities.
THE EXCITING PART
* Early finish Fridays during Summer!
* 25% discount across all our fab 8 brands to shop until you drop
* Stunning London offices with a restaurant, bar and beauty salon to always look and feel your best
* Regular sample sales to refresh your wardrobe at fractional prices
* Fun, inspiring and ambitious colleagues pushing the boundaries across the whole business
* Regular competitions to win amazing prizes
* Events to support our diverse range of charities
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.