6 months ago
Who we are:
As a growing multi-channel business, which encompasses retail stores, an ever-expanding digital e-commerce presence & International/ Wholesale channels, we all are very proud of the role we all play in making Wallis the success it is today. With emerging trends and technologies, our teams work in a fast paced and exciting environment to ensure the brand and product is a cut above our competitors.
Today’s woman is always at the heart of our brand, product and communications, so our Wallis teams are all dedicated to providing stylish and contemporary fashion for the real modern woman, all day, every day.
Wallis & Evans are aspirational, exciting fashion forward brands with our customer always at the heart of everything we do. Across the brands, our teams continue to learn, develop and innovate, taking ownership of their roles and responsibilities with passion and enthusiasm. We are proud of our brands and we all play an active part in driving our businesses forward year on year.
An exciting Digital Designer role has arisen in the Wallis Digital department. Working within the core design team, this is an opportunity to get involved in helping to define, design and improve all of our online creative this includes; our UK website, International websites, mobile site, apps, features, video, online photo shoots, emails, affiliate banners and social media. We are looking for a mid-weight designer who is focused on furthering the Wallis experience across all of the brand’s digital channels. Candidates should be full of ideas and passion for digital design and have a strong interest in fashion, typography, photography and digital innovation. The role will encompass both editorial and UI design; designing beautiful editorial features, working on layout, concept and art direction with our Editorial team, in addition to working closely with UX designers to creatively develop and improve the main structure of our Digital offering. The role will work across all of our platforms from Desktop and Mobile to Apps and Social.
Day to Day:
* From brief to concept you’ll be working across multiple channels with the digital design team to produce innovative solutions and high quality design for the site and other digital platforms.
* Designing clear, commercial and effective online communications taking input from key stakeholders
* Producing online and mobile artwork for: email newsletters, site homepages, banners, buttons, site features, marketing collateral including affiliate banners
* Working on specific sections of the desktop site, mobile site and apps to improve functionality and aesthetics.
* Demonstrate an understanding of web development and platforms to inform design decisions
* Develop strong User Interfaces and develop UX wireframes/layouts into pixel perfect designs that not only look beautiful but perform for our business.
* Working closely with UX designers to improve user journeys and push Wallis’ offering.
* Working alongside our talented digital team to make sure all projects are aligned and match the strong brand identity.
* Liaising with the creative team to ensure offline creative (e.g. store graphics) is translated online
* Supervising the production of web/mobile/app features and homepages in content management system
* Continually maintain awareness of customer’s user behaviour to maximize their experience and to generate sales.
* Keeping up to date with digital innovations and competitors to help inform innovative ideas.
* Aiding the wider digital team in the understanding and production of good User Interface and Editorial design
* Manage the workflow of the Junior Digital Designer
* Strong interest in Fashion and Digital
* Experience designing cross-platform (in fashion or lifestyle preferably) - understanding the specifics of designing for Desktop, Mobile, Tablets and Apps and the digital production process
* Experience with Wireframing/Prototyping tools a plus to demonstrate interaction design
* Strong sense of typography and layout and good attention to detail
* Awareness of good contemporary digital design & pixel perfection
* Solid understanding of the principles of responsive design
* Proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign)
* Experience in Sketch
* Knowledge of video editing (Premier Pro, After Effects) is preferable.
* Knowledge of HTML, CSS and CMS capabilities is preferable.
* Basic knowledge of SEO
* Experience of web development is preferable but not essential
* High attention to detail
* Experience of supporting/mentoring junior designers encouraging them develop and widen their skillset
* Ability to work quickly and on many projects at once, solving any issues and changing priorities if necessary
* Ability to show initiative and enthusiasm for constantly improving the content of the site
* Above all, enthusiasm and a passionate vision of what you could bring to our brand
* Ability to communicate the Wallis brand across all digital platforms
* Ability to work collaboratively with the teams within the Wallis brand.
The exciting Part
* Early finish Fridays during Summer!
* 25% discount across all our fab 8 brands to shop until you drop
* Stunning London offices with a restaurant, bar and beauty salon to always look and feel your best
* Regular sample sales to refresh your wardrobe at fractional prices
* Fun, inspiring and ambitious colleagues pushing the boundaries across the whole business
* Regular competitions to win amazing prizes
* Events to support our diverse range of charities
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves.
We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous.
Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to
influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do.