2 months ago
Future’s Music division is uniquely placed to be the voice of the music industry, the musician and the music fan. We unite audiences across the world through our digital media, magazines, events and broadcasts via our superb editorial content.
The role of Digital Editor-In-Chief, (GuitarWorld and GuitarPlayer) is a key one for our online strategy. Working with the guitar portfolio and the Content Director, the Digital Editor-In-Chief, (GuitarWorld and GuitarPlayer) is responsible for creating and distributing high-quality content for a highly engaged audience.
Job Summary & Purpose
We are looking for a skilled and driven journalist with an interest in guitars, music-making and a talent for creating engaging online content to take on this exciting role.
Reporting to the Content Director, the Digital Editor-In-Chief, (GuitarWorld and GuitarPlayer) is will play an essential role in developing audience growth and audience monetisation strategies for our guitar brands online, demonstrating expert insight into their customers, both existing and targeted.
You will work alongside the wider print teams and online teams, to create and manage a content strategy for the creation of high-quality, engaging guitar content around gear, players, technique and e-commerce, as well as repurposing and publishing relevant content from the magazine’s print content online, update existing content, and creating strategies for social media and newsletter creation.
In short, you will transform our guitar sites into the best in the world: an essential destination for all guitar players across the world. Your mission will be to take these highly respected US products and establish them as truly global brands.
You’ll need to have strong industry contacts and fantastic organisational skills; a talent for writing sharp, quality content; strong SEO knowledge or the ability to learn quickly, as well as the ability to adapt while working in a fast-paced and ambitious environment. We are looking for a team player who is hungry, self-motivated with a positive problem-solving attitude.
Key role responsibilities:
* End-to-end development and delivery of all content within the vertical.
* Developing audience growth and audience monetisation strategies.
* Working with commercial teams to identify new business opportunities.
* Leading the creation of the world’s best guitar content in gear coverage, technique, news and interviews.
* Ensuring the audience for this digital content is maximised in line with best practice SEO.
* Creating and executing a schedule/process for managing archive content: reviews, features etc (including Guitar World, Guitar Player, Total Guitar, Guitarist etc).
* Creating a social media strategy.
* Creating email newsletters strategy for guitar titles.
* Working alongside the editors of the guitar portfolio to aid collaboration, content-sharing etc.
* Monitoring performance of articles and social media posts to assess what content is most effective.
* Updating existing articles on the websites, ensuring they remain relevant and rank highly.
* Help with eCommerce efforts as required.
* Working with the wider music portfolio, as directed.
* Support the commercial team in achieving revenue growth targets.
Essential skills and experience:
* Proven ability to write high-quality, engaging content.
* Interest in and a passion for guitar playing and music-making.
* An understanding of SEO best practices and the ability to quickly develop these skills.
* Ability to use Google Analytics to report on and inform content strategies.
* Knowledge and experience of content management systems.
* Knowledge and experience of social media platforms.
* Knowledge and experience of creating newsletters.
* Able to interpret and use audience behavioural data.
* Excellent communication skills between both PR and internal contacts.
* Able to represent Future brands externally at events and launches when relevant.