7 months ago
ABOUT THE BRAND
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Editor to join our innovative TOPSHOP TOPMAN team. This role will focus primarily on the TOPMAN brand.
We are looking for candidates who have experience working in a fashion and retail e-commerce editorial / copy team or for a reputable digital fashion and lifestyle publication. This individual should have an interest in menswear and men’s lifestyle content as well as the passion to help us deliver on our e-commerce objectives and digital vision.
A role at TOPSHOP TOPMAN promises a fast-paced, challenging, and dynamic working environment. The key to our success is our people and becoming part of this inspiring team is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual.
As Digital Editor at TOPMAN you will ensure we capture emerging trends and commercial opportunities that can be translated into compelling copy and content with a tone of voice that our customers will love and believe in.
Responsibilities will include the overall management of TOPMAN editorial and copy deliverables across several languages and platforms including but not limited to Web, App, Email, and Blog. You will redefine and continually assess and evolve the TOPMAN tone of voice to best connect with our customers and communicate commercial messages.
Working with the TOPSHOP TOPMAN Production, Trade, and Creative teams you will ensure the delivery of all copy and editorial content in a timely manner and in line with overall production deadlines. Accountability is important in a strong team and this role will be a crucial collaborator in our commercial, creative, and production process.
DAY TO DAY
* Influence brand story telling and tone of voice across all sites and platforms including but not limited to the TOPMAN Website, App, Email, and Blog.
* Deliver a Digital-first strategy and editorial content plans for TOPMAN with a focus on content for the TOPMAN iOS / Android Apps and Blog.
* Strategically plan editorial copy and storytelling in line with the needs of our Trade Team and the wider company trends and creative direction to ensure all key brand messages are supported.
* Work closely with the Digital Trading team to ensure messages are commercially focused.
* Build and maintain good communication with cross-functional teams including Marketing, PR, Creative, Buying, Merchandising, and the wider Digital Team.
* Review digital performance of editorial content, working with the analytics team to drive future activity and optimise our CTAs and Headlines.
* Support the briefing of all projects, ensuring copy is not a bottleneck and time is allowed for design and production. Strictly manage and enforce deadlines and delivery for editorial copy.
* Consider and plan for international variations on copy and territory specific relevance.
* Research and write varying types of content including blog-style content, commercial headlines, CTAs for marketing and trade purposes, and emails. Support PR, Marketing, and Store teams on an as-needed basis.
* Drive results through effective teamwork and individual performance. Set clear goals and manage accountability. Recognises and encourage outstanding performance and manage poor performance effectively.
* Manage junior team members in their daily and weekly work as well as their overall performance and career development
* Experience in e-commerce copywriting within a leading fashion retailer or company that supports major retailers and brands and / or editorial writing experience with a reputable men’s fashion or lifestyle publication (preferably digital-centric) is required.
* 2 years of experience managing a team (at minimum 1 other person) in a high-volume, high-quality editorial and copy production environment.
* Proven experience managing and sticking to tight deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
* Demonstrate experience delivering both operational efficiency and quality content.
* Ability to react positively to rapidly evolving brand and commercial requirements.
* Comfortable working cross-functionally with teams including but not limited to Trade, Creative, and Production.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to represent TOPMAN Editorial clearly, effectively, and appropriately with colleagues at all levels.
* Strong leadership foundations and a desire to contribute to the success of a shared brand vision and commercial success.
* Passion for the TOPSHOP TOPMAN brands and strong customer knowledge.
* The ability to shift focus to business priorities as needed and excited by change.
* Experience in setting clear departmental targets and goals.
* Highly proficient with Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
* Experience using project and workflow management tools like Trello is a plus.
THE EXCITING PART
* Early finish Fridays during Summer!
* 25% discount across all our fab 8 brands to shop until you drop
* Stunning London offices with a restaurant, bar and beauty salon to always look and feel your best
* Regular sample sales to refresh your wardrobe at fractional prices
* Fun, inspiring and ambitious colleagues pushing the boundaries across the whole business
* Regular competitions to win amazing prizes
* Events to support our diverse range of charities
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.