5 months ago
up to £50,000, depending on experience
Design / Branding Agency
Category: Design Jobs
Salary: up to £50,000, depending on experience
Full time, permanent
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
Reporting directly to the UX specialist, you will be responsible for the design of The Car Genie app – covering all elements of UX and UI.
You will have already done outstanding design work on native app solutions and have a portfolio which showcases this. Alongside a passion for modular UI and UX design, you will have a keen eye for detail, mobile technology and be aware of OS design capabilities and limitations. You’ll have a real appreciation of user needs and relish opportunities to iterate and optimise the app, building your skills along the way.
This is a new role, and therefore brings with it opportunities to be involved in defining the future of a truly innovative product, and delivering a great experience for our customers.
What will I be doing?
1. Designing new features in the app
2. Optimising existing features based on customer feedback and data
3. Ensuring the design of the app is in line with The AA brand guidelines
4. Creating and updating style guides and design principles
5. Presenting designs and explaining design rationale to senior stakeholders
6. Working closely with copywriter to ensure that content is considered as part of the design process
7. Working with developers to deliver best possible customer experience within OS guidelines
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Proven success in designing for native apps and mobile web
* Familiar with working in agile/scrum environments
* Comfortable with understanding and using data and customer feedback to guide design decisions
* At least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar UX/UI app design role
* Expertise using tools such as AxureRP, InVision, Sketch etc.
* Prototype building abilities, crafting HTML, CSS, JS prototypes using web libraries or from scratch is desirable
* Happy working at conceptual and detailed levels – adjusting techniques and approaches as necessary
Education and Qualifications:
* University degree desirable
* Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical colleagues across the business
* Capable of working at speed and under pressure to deliver regular updates to the app
* Self-starter that takes the initiative and works well in closely-formed scrum teams
* A personal interest in cars and evolving technology in this area would be beneficial
* Reflects and exhibits the AA Brand Values – Courtesy, Care, Expertise, Dynamism and Collaboration