3 months ago
up to £47,000 (depending on experience
Design / Branding Agency
Category: Design Jobs
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
Salary: up to £47,000 (depending on experience)
Full time, permanent.
This is the job
Reporting directly to the Digital Experience Design Lead, you will be responsible for designing new features and optimising each step of the sales journey for our flagship Breakdown Cover product. You will work alongside, and collaborate with, other talented designers, editors, product owners and developers to deliver an excellent customer experience across both responsive web channels and bespoke applications. Working closely with the Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) Manager you will be designing challenger candidates for split-tests and briefing winning designs to developers. Your creativity and customer-focus will help us develop a smarter, more flexible personalised experience for our members.
You will need to be a positive self-starter and an advocate for the user perspective. As such, you will look to combine research and data to understand customer perception and behaviour. You will formulate hypotheses for iterative improvement and utilise conceptual design techniques to inform the high-fidelity modular artefacts you produce. You will need to measure the user experience and can call on a variety of methods to do so – including analytics, split-testing, remote user-testing, call listening, customer feedback and usability-lab studies. Your portfolio of outstanding design work must demonstrate this iterative, data-driven approach to continuous improvement.
We are investing significantly in our digital portfolio, and you will play a key role in transforming our digital customer journeys. You will join a growing team of talented designers and editors, working in a central London location. This is a new role, and a great opportunity to be involved in defining the future of a truly innovative, market-leading product and delivering a great experience for our customers.
What will I be doing?
* Designing new features across customer journeys and feeding improvements into the CRO roadmap
* Boosting visitor engagement and improving conversion rate
* Validating designs with actionable data from a range of sources
* Creating and updating style guides and design principles
* Presenting designs and explaining design rationale to senior stakeholders
* Working closely with copywriter to ensure that content is considered as part of the design process
* Working with developers to deliver best possible customer experience within OS guidelines
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Experience with designing for conversion rate optimisation and general knowledge of split-testing functionality and capability
* Proven success in designing for the responsive web
* Familiar with working in agile/scrum environments
* Comfortable with understanding and using data and customer feedback to guide design decisions
* At least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar UX/UI design role
* Expertise using tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, AxureRP, InVision etc.
* Able to build prototypes to low or high fidelity depending on context
* Happy working at conceptual and detailed levels – adjusting techniques and approaches as necessary
Education and Qualifications:
* University degree desirable
* Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical colleagues across the business
* Capable of working at speed and under pressure to deliver regular updates to the website
* Self-starter that takes the initiative and works well in closely-formed scrum teams
* Reflects and exhibits the AA Brand Values – Courtesy, Care, Expertise, Dynamism and Collaboration