3 months ago
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
Reporting directly to the Senior Designer, you will be responsible primarily for the UI design of several key areas of our website. You will work closely with UX designers and copywriters to deliver brilliant customer experiences. Although on a day to day basis, this role is primarily UI based, you will also have a chance to take on UX projects, and there are opportunities for development and rotation within the Digital Customer Experience team.
Alongside design work for our website, this role will also be involved in design of screens for call centre advisors, working closely with the mobile app team and creating design assets for employee engagement and external pitch activity.
This is a new permanent role working within an established scrum team who are responsible for creating, optimising and promoting the features available for our existing members and customers on our website.
What will I be doing?
* Working closely with Product Owners, designers and copywriters to ensure an effective scrum
* Producing UI designs for new features on our website
* Generating ideas and concepts for optimising existing features based on customer feedback and data
* Ensuring the design of the website is in line with our brand guidelines
* Contributing to style guides and design principles
* Presenting designs and explaining design rationale to senior stakeholders
* Producing prototypes, and running user testing to ensure customer-centric design
* Producing UI mock ups and assets to support presentation and pitch activity
* Working closely with developers to deliver the best possible customer experience
Treating Customers Fairly
Ensure Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is embedded in the culture of the AA to deliver the six customer outcomes of
right culture, right information, right delivery, right targeting, right advice, and right post sales treatment.
Provide leadership within a framework of prudent and effective controls which enable risk to be assessed and managed to fit within the Board’s agreed risk appetite.
What do I need?
Knowledge and Experience:
* Proven success in designing for mobile friendly websites, ideally in an ecommerce environment
* At least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar UX/UI design role
* Familiar with working in agile/scrum environments
* Sufficient technical know-how to hold effective conversations and debates with developers
* Comfortable with understanding and using data and customer feedback to guide design decisions
* Expertise using tools such as AxureRP, InVision, Sketch etc.
* Able to build prototypes and write test scripts to get user feedback
* Comfortable working at conceptual and detailed levels – adjusting techniques and approaches as necessary
Education and Qualifications:
* University degree desirable – but your experience is most important
* Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical colleagues across the business
* Capable of working at speed and under pressure
* Great attention to detail
* Ability to understand and dissect complex ideas and processes, and make them simple for customers
* Can-do attitude, and enjoys working in closely-formed scrum teams
* Reflects and exhibits the AA Brand Values – Courtesy, Care, Expertise, Dynamism and Collaboration