9 months ago
Digital Innovation Intern (Fix term contract)
External Job Description
We’re a young company born from an incredible entrepreneurial legacy. The success of Guinness, Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Tanqueray and many more, over hundreds of years, led to the formation of our company in 1997. Today our Culture, Media and Futures team stands on the shoulder of these giants and acts with the same entrepreneurial spirit and determination.
Reporting to Europe’s Head of Technology & Innovation, we have a newly created role for a Digital Innovation Intern to join our agile, creative and resourceful team to drive action through digital innovation (utilising various platforms) across our global brands. Additional stakeholders for the role include the European Technology & Innovation teams and the Centre of Digital Excellence.
This role is based in our London offices and is an incredibly important hire to help accelerate the use of digital innovation at Diageo.
As a Digital & Innovation Intern, you are critical to achieving our vision. You will be an integral part of the Tech & Innovation process and you will collaborate with European stakeholders to facilitate and execute the technology requirements in delivering the innovation trials.
You will work with brands, technology partners and other key stakeholders in delivering Test & Learn pilots. This is a brilliant opportunity for somebody who loves all things start-up and is passionate about driving lean consumer first technology innovation.
The role will be wide and varied which means you will be liaising with a large number of both internal and external stakeholders, therefore exceptional communications skills will be key.
* The Digital Innovation Intern sits at the heart of our European Technology and Innovation team, it’s your responsibility to deliver technology solutions and work with the Technology & innovation Manager, start-up partner, and brand teams that will help transform our business performance
* You are an “innovation technologist” who applies a consumer first approach to developing technology use cases that fix problems, add utility or create amazing brand experiences
* You inspire, challenge and enable our marketers to deliver industry-leading digital marketing by identifying and trailing new technology led opportunities and innovation partnerships
* You will be responsible to future-proof our organization and create a differentiated advantage for Diageo by responding to changing consumer, media and market landscapes in an agile and impactful way.
* You will lead the gathering of global digital Test & Learn pilots in our digital innovation hub, feeding them back to the markets and brands, and sharing learnings globally
* You are responsible for sourcing and identifying technology, suppliers and partnerships that have the potential to deliver growth and efficiency at scale.
* Be passionate about generating ideas on how to futureproof our brands
* Presentations to internal and external teams
* Stakeholder management
We are looking to appoint a passionate individual who is finalising their education and want to experience working at a global company, getting hands-on experience in leveraging digital technology and innovation, as well as experience in working with large numbers of stakeholders to push forward a common agenda.
This talented person could be studying marketing, technology, computer science or could be working at a start-up and looking to bring that experience in-house to Diageo.
We are looking for a confident personality with good communication skills. A person who takes an open and inclusive approach, and demonstrates excellent stakeholder management skills (Marketing, Technology)
Type of Job
Park Royal 7HQ