4 months ago
Who we are
Operating at the heart of our business, Shared Services offer efficiencies to all of our Brands by providing centralised resources and competitive synergies for the Group. The Shared Services Teams work across all Brands and are responsible for a huge range of activities from delivering product to over 40 countries worldwide, to achieving award winning store designs and handling 100,000 Customer Care calls each year. Within Shared Services there are over 1,000 employees working across 16 distinctive departments including International, IT, Finance, HR, Logistics, PR, Property, Digital and Sourcing.
This department is one of the key teams in the Group, ensuring our brands’ products are readily available to customers throughout the world. This is no mean feat; the team brings in more than 100 million units from approximately 55 countries around the world using a combination of sea, air and road.
Once these units are in the country, they are sent to one of 3 distribution centres in the UK where they are rapidly processed by 1,500 core staff and sent to the relevant store using our fleet of vehicles. It doesn’t end there – the logistics team also ensures that some 30 million units reach our 500 international stores as widespread as Russia, Japan and Canada.
The team also oversees the delivery of more than 12 million Digital orders to 120 countries every year.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Logistics, and managing an analyst, this role is part of a team of 4 that is responsible for ensuring the efficient delivery of over 12 million Digital customer orders per year. This individual has particular focus on managing fulfilment of customer orders within the Group’s 3 Distribution Centres.
Day to Day
* Monitor performance in the DCs to ensure KPIs for order completion and timeliness are being met.
* Ensure costs are being appropriately managed to hit budgeted CPU targets.
* Initiate and manage projects that improve efficiency, productivity and reduce costs.
* Improve operational efficiency through knowledge and best-practice sharing across the DC network.
* Support the DCs to ensure contingency plans are in place for unforeseen circumstances and special events.
* Work with the brands to improve demand forecast accuracy across all lanes.
* Review volumes and DC capacity planning for both despatch and stockholding.
* Collate and communicate Peak and Bank Holiday demand forecasts to the DC operations.
* Facilitate relationships between the DCs and the Customer Contact Centre to enable robust communication of issues and reduce inbound contacts.
* Support the speedy resolution of Executive customer complaints.
* Develop awareness of competitors’ fulfilment operations and support the development of a strategic vision for Digital fulfilment.
* Use competitor and DC knowledge to act as a consultant to the brands.
* Conduct Period Reviews and regular meetings with the Digital Logistics staff.
* Review CapEx requests for developments within the DCs.
* Manage the operational integration of carrier partners with Arcadia’s DCs.
* Manage and develop the Logistics Analyst.
* Logistics experience, ideally within a Digital distribution environment.
* Good understanding of operational processes and Warehouse Management Systems.
* Excellent analysis and interpretive skills with a genuine attention to detail.
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
* A prolific multi-tasker, with strong organisational skills.
* Tenacious and resilient.
* Commercial acumen.
* Good negotiation skills.
* A “can-do” attitude, be motivated and have a desire to develop and innovate.
* University Degree or appropriate work experience.
* Computer literate (Excel, Word and Outlook 365).
* A proven track record of adding value and positively contributing to team and company objectives.
The Exciting Part
* 25% staff discount across all brands within the group
* Flexible working hours
* Generous holiday with holiday trading
* Early finish summer hours
* Regular team and company social events
* Pension scheme
* Interest free season ticket loan
* Access to regular sample sales
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves.
We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous.
Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future.
It's not only our products but our people who drive our success.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do.