£25,000 - £30,000 pa
Director of Marketing and Student Experience
At Mindful Education we specialise in creating media-rich professional courses and apprenticeships, which we deliver in partnership with colleges around the UK. Our courses and apprenticeships are marketed towards private individuals, colleges and employers.
The courses we build and deliver contain:
- Online lectures, which are written and presented by experienced lecturers and experts
- Motion graphics and animations that augment the student experience
- Case studies and online exercises
- Bespoke Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs) that host the content we create
We are an innovative, hard-working and dedicated digital education company aiming to set a new standard in the digital delivery of UK further and higher education.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Student Experience, the role will involve developing, implementing, tracking and optimising digital marketing campaigns and communication across all digital channels – both for Mindful Education and for our partner colleges. In addition, the role will focus on developing and improving website UX across our partner colleges.
You should have a strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies and be able to lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution. Your role will require a combination of digital marketing knowledge and experience and an ability to communicate effectively with partner colleges, suppliers and other organisations.
This is a hands-on role, requiring direct knowledge of a range of digital marketing tools and platforms and an ability and willingness to personally develop and implement digital marketing campaigns.
Key responsibilities – partner marketing
- Plan and execute digital marketing campaigns for partner colleges that deliver applications and enrolments, including marketing database, email, social media and AdWords campaigns
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Identify trends and insights, and optimise spend and performance based on the insights
- Leading on monitoring each partner college's website presence for Online and On Campus courses, focusing on improving website UX for our partners
- Designing and implementing employer engagement campaigns across all partners
- Assisting with marketing implementation for new college partners
Key responsibilities – Mindful corporate marketing
- Working with the senior marketing manager, develop and deliver a website development plan to continually improve context and UX on Mindful Education's website
- Working with the Senior Marketing Manager, develop Mindful's social media presence, ensuring regular updates and growing following across platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Vimeo and Facebook
- Working with the Director of Marketing and Student Experience, develop and administer Mindful's Customer Relationship Manager software
- Plan and deliver effective email communication campaigns to Mindful's students
Skills and Experience
The candidate must possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a digital marketing role
- Experience of setting up and optimising Google Adwords campaigns
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns using a range of platforms such as Facebook AdManager, Hootsuite, Mailchimp, Survey Monkey
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (eg Google Analytics)
- Experience of managing and improving website UX, delivering measurable outcomes
- Demonstrable commercial success and significant return on investment on past digital marketing projects which you have led
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- An inherent dedication for quality, high standards and detail
- A 'can do' attitude, determination and a readiness to roll up their sleeves
- Must be collaborative and solutions-driven
- Must be able to work autonomously
The following skills, experience and attributes would be an advantage to applicants:
- Qualifications and formal training marketing, such as a BA in marketing or a professional marketing qualification
- More than 4 years' experience in a digital marketing role
- Experience of managing a range of social media channels and growing follower numbers and engagement levels
- Experience of managing an e-commerce website
- Experience in optimising landing pages and maximising conversion
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing
- Client services experience
- Experience in working in private, fast-growing companies
- Experience working within the education sector
The position is available for an immediate start. We will be reviewing applications regularly and inviting suitable applicants to interview asap, so please do not delay in making your application.
Please apply with your current CV, together with a covering letter or email. The covering letter or email should describe how your skills and experience match the role requirements. Applications close on 30th April.