7 months ago
Digital Media Manager
9th March 2018
giffgaff is a little different to your average company. It`s a business owned by Telefonica, but run by its members. Sounds interesting? It is.
We want people to love what they do and love what giffgaff is all about. It`s important to feel that way, especially in this energetic and competitive market. Us folk at giffgaff are a spirited and disruptive bunch, not every now and then but every day, yes, even on Monday mornings. Each and every person, who comes and works at giffgaff must believe that we are a David amongst Goliaths in Mobile-land. And much like David, we are successfully making a positive change.
We`re growing at a huge rate and with a 22% member base growth last year alone, we can see great potential of further expansion. As such, we`re currently recruiting for a seasoned Digital Marketing Manager to drive the digital media strategy and execution.
You will be responsibilities for planning and executing direct response campaigns through online channels helping the business grow by driving new member acquisition. Reporting into the Chief Commercial Officer you will manage a team of c.3 who are responsible for display advertising, paid search, affiliates, attribution and MarTech.
Other aspects of your role will include:
- Planning the delivery of all direct marketing campaigns to a high volume of cost effective sales
- Managing our media agencies to plan and optimise media to deliver efficient ROI, adopting a test and learn approach to media selection, format and creative
- Managing our creative agencies to deliver effective, innovative and best in class direct marketing advertising
- Inputting into the sales forecasting including delivering to our commercial plans and forecasts as required
- Providing regular sales and performance reporting against KPIs for your channels and delivering insight back to the business to inform on-going strategy and planning
- Working with Commerce, Operations, Marketing, Finance, Legal and regulatory teams internally, to ensure compliance and buy-in at all stages of the delivery cycle
- Presenting to senior stakeholders to obtain buy-in to media and creative plans/strategies for media campaigns
- Culture is incredibly important at giffgaff and we`re looking for an individual who can embody the values of grit, curiosity and passion
- We need you to be an expert in the management of direct response media channels including Display, Paid Search, Affiliates and Organic search.
- Strong analytical skills combined with balanced judgement and an ability to develop media strategies, business plans and analyse campaign effectiveness/ROI are essential
- Commercially, you`ll be very strong and we`d like you have familiarity with principles and processes associated with generating visits, engagement and sales with a strong sense for cost and resources for each channel including development and technological requirements
- Experience in managing agency and marketing budgets
- The ability to portray a passion for improving our conversion and User Experience to join giffgaff
- Self-sufficient and confident leader, able to influence stakeholders at all levels and work effectively across functions. Comfortable leading non-hierarchical, cross-functional working teams
- Showing hands on and "lead by example" mentality. As a lean organisation, the giffgaff team is built of people who are multi-skilled, highly motivated and flexible
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits such as a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica`s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you`ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There`s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.