24 days ago
Digital Operations Manager
Salary: up to £73,000 + excellent Bens & Co culture!
There’s never been a better time to join Nationwide, the world’s largest Building Society…
Last year more people opened an account with us than with any other brand! We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand. As a Mutual Society, we’re owned by our members not shareholders, so their needs are at the heart of everything we do, which makes working here feel really different than ‘for-profit’ companies.
We have an impressive 91.5% customer satisfaction score for our Banking App as well as reaching 4.8 stars in the AppStore. Every month we see 15.2 million visits to our website. Our members make a payment or transaction on our digital services 18.3m times each month and log in to our Banking App 60,000 times an hour.
Whilst we have great success so far, we obsess about our members and their experience across digital channels and need to respond faster than ever. We are on a hugely exciting and ambitious journey to deliver legendary service across our digital estate, to create an open digital platform to accelerate progress and to become the best place to work for digital talent. This is all designed to ensure we meet our members needs not just for today but ensure we’re ready for their needs of tomorrow too.
We’re building our Digital community with new perspectives, diverse backgrounds, and richly varied experience. And that’s where you come in...
As Digital Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for exceptional delivery and operational support across projects, portfolios, Development Centres and our growing agile hubs. as well as providing assurance across our complex multi-discipline, multi-channel, multi-site Community – where driving value is key! Working with the ‘Senior Manager, Digital Value & Assurance’, you’ll set out a framework to measure the value that our teams create, providing end-to-end governance and oversight and operationally identifying and resolving barriers and inefficiencies.
That’s no mean feat however, this role will provide you with a unique opportunity to utilise and develop your expertise across an evolving, complex Digital community and thriving sales channel, accountable for 64% of Society sales!
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role, we’ll expect you to have demonstrable PMO experience and will be an expert in leading value add delivery assurance that can provide insight and challenge to our delivery teams, across different delivery methodologies, as well as support them with exceptional operational support. You’ll have knowledge of demand, resource, financial and supplier management for projects and be highly proficient in project planning tools. Experience of working in a digital setting and with multiple delivery methodologies, especially agile will be hugely beneficial.
More broadly, you’ll have excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to explain decisions confidently and clearly, strong negotiating, networking and influencing skills. You’ll have an ability to grasp complex issues quickly and with your business acumen, commercial focus and strategic awareness, will comfortably work across multiple business communities, prioritising and collaborating with an array of stakeholders.
What you'll be doing
• Provide effective delivery support, assurance and governance for all Digital Hubs, Development Centres, projects and the wider Community to ensure the correct levels of assurance and oversight is maintained
• Accountable for undertaking a high number of complex quality assurance reviews and identify issues related to the health across delivery and community, make recommendations and influence key senior stakeholders to ensure that actions are put in place to remedy and ensure these are tracked to completion
• Responsible for co-ordinating the governance of Quarterly Review and other key planning committees to ensure performance is aligned to strategic outcomes.
• Provide high quality Digital inputs into Nationwide Digital assurance activities and manage in line with FCA timelines
• Effectively run the governance and assurance activities working in partnership with Risk
• Provide leadership and coaching to Delivery Support and Operational Support roles
• Be the expert in providing aggregate reporting across delivery and community activities to Digital leadership team and other communities.
• Drive value out of the Community by leading Operational Value Stream mapping and drive forward improvements
• Lead the maturity assessment of each of our hubs and reporting back and driving through improvements
• Oversee the provision of key Community activities such as policy adherence, supplier assurance and audit responses