3 months ago
Job Title: Digital Platform Architect
Location: Central London
With over 1,500 stores and more than 22,000 staff in the UK and Ireland, there’s no doubting the fact that Arcadia Group is an established powerhouse on the UK high street. Our brands – Burton, Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Miss Selfridge, Topman, Topshop, and Wallis, along with the shopping concept Outfit – all target distinct market segments, each with its own unique positioning and product handwriting and they are an intrinsic part of Britain’s retail DNA. In fact, the Group’s UK success has been so great that it has propelled several of the brands to stake new territories across the globe – there are now over 750 stores and concessions across the brands, in over 40 different countries.
“Engage and empower our people and our customers with great technology”.
Aspiring to be an Agile first organisation, our talented IT team work tirelessly to provide a seamless internal and external customer experience with the purpose of delivering genuine customer value. Working in close partnership with the brands, the team strive to be a catalyst for business transformation, showcasing industry leading technology solutions with the aim of making Arcadia as well known for how it uses technology as its brands are known for their fashion.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a key member of the customer domain architecture team you will be responsible for developing the technology vision for customer facing web channels, engaging and communicating with both business and technology stakeholders
* Define the technical architecture roadmap for Arcadia’s headless web platform
* Providing technical leadership to the web engineering team, with close collaboration with Arcadia’s engineering tech leads
* Provide well engineered integrations with dependent back end services such as commerce engine, order management, content management digital marketing and payment
* Develop a digital customer experience that can service in store digital experiences
* Identify industry, and market leading technology across eCommerce and mCommerce channels to determine their potential impact on Arcadia, with a view to proactively identifying future technology solutions or opportunities
* Challenge the norm and promote the latest open source technologies to drive platform innovation
* Support the Customer Domain Architect in developing and communicating the overall Customer strategy and roadmap, from a Digital channels perspective
* Engage the architecture teams to validate digital impacts on the wider enterprise
* Hands on experience of modern development languages, frameworks and tools including JS frameworks such as React and Angular
* Strong experience of architecture frameworks and solution design methodologies
* Experience of working within agile environments
* Proven experience in a retail environment or equivalent high volume eCommerce operation
* Experience of working with enterprise web platforms (e.g. IBM Websphere Commerce, Hybris, Demandware, ATG)
* Experience of key e-commerce technology solutions (i.e. CDN, Caching, CMS, OMS, PIM)
* Experience of architecting and designing content management solutions for headless platforms
* Experience of service based architectures including API frameworks
* Working on large scale transformational business and technology change
* Demonstrable experience of senior Stakeholder Management
* Experience of building, developing and leading Teams, including 3rd parties
* Experience and knowledge of the latest cloud based platforms and technology (i.e. PaaS, devops, containerisation)
* Experience of designing and delivering micro service architectures
* Experience of relational and noSQL database technologies
Arcadia IT operates on 2 sites – Leeds and London (Marylebone). Although this role is primarily based in London, some travel to Leeds may be required.
Salary: £90,000 per annum plus benefits
Closing date for applications is 23rd August 2018