6 months ago
Digital Product Manager - Wholesale and Ventures
Faraday Building, London
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
At BT, we’re creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re happy to consider ways of working that will mean you can perform at your best. If you want to talk about working part-time or as a job share in this role, please apply and we’ll do our best to get the balance right.
What you'll be doing
- Writing, shaping, sizing, prioritising and delivering digital requirements
- Identifying opportunities to ‘turn the dial’ in Wholesale and Ventures digital experiences
- Managing KPIs for digital products across Wholesale and Ventures.
- Optimise our digital experience whilst putting the customer first and using data and analytics, SEO
optimisation, personalisation and multi-variant testing
- Digital product backlog grooming and prioritisation
- Translate product business requirements into technical and functional requirements for developers
- Develop, lead and drive the digital product roadmap
- Ensure all relevant stakeholders have full visibility of in-life sprint items such as product releases,
development activities and timelines
- Manage the integration of products into the larger digital estate
- Deliver a best in class customer experience
- Be an ambassador for digital change across BT.
What you’ll have experience in already
- Working across a diverse digital portfolio
- Large scale culture change moving from waterfall to agile methodologies
- Writing requirements using agile methodology
- Grooming a backlog of digital product requirements
- Creating a backlog and prioritising features based on time, effort, cost and ROI
- Using customer insight and analytics to drive decision making
- Working with a broad stakeholder set to deliver results
We'll also need to see these on your CV
* Will depend on experience.
* Typically degree and post graduate qualification in a related subject, e.g. Business or Marketing.
Candidates must be able to evidence the Key Skills below on their CV.
List 5 Key Skills:
1. Experience in delivering digital products from concept through to market, as well as experience management products in-life
2. Experience in working within a digital team including UX/UI Design, Content/Copy, SEO Optimisation, Reporting and Analytics, Marketing, Technology and Business Stakeholders
3. Experience in writing requirements using epics, stories and PRDs in a both an Agile and Waterfall environment
4. Experience in working in a B2B environment across a broad customer base
5. Experience in senior stakeholder management through strong presentation skills.
Why choose us?
BT’s Enterprise division is committed to bringing innovation and transformation to our market, delivering
for our customers, contributing to the communities we work in and generating profitable revenue
growth for BT. It is the business facing unit of BT and sits alongside Consumer, Global Services and
Openreach. Within Enterprise we are currently made up of BT Wholesale, our Ventures division and the
BT Business & Public Sector division.
Our Wholesale operation provides services to more than 1,400 communications providers. We help them
achieve their goals by offering them innovative, reliable and cost-effective products and services that
complement their own capabilities. This means that we can share in their success.
Our Ventures teams are key components of BT’s overall business. We've got a broad and deep range of
products and services as well as a wealth of experience in delivering them to customers. Amongst our
portfolio are the following businesses: Redcare, BT Cables, Directory solutions, BT’s Phone Book,
Payphones, tikit, BT Supply Chain.
Our BT Business & Public Sector division offers connectivity & hosted solutions to the business and public
Enterprise is one of the key growth areas for BT and as part of its exciting transformation, the Marketing
& Digital teams from both areas have come together to ensure strategic alignment across the business.
Our digital function underpins all of these services, providing self serve operations for the 1400+
Communication providers through BTWholesale.com and MyBTWholesale, sales leads for each of our
growing ventures businesses as well as B2C experiences within growing areas such as the phone book.
It’s a diverse but hugely exciting portfolio of products.
With our newly created Digital Product Manager position, we’re looking for someone to come in and help
deliver the overall digital product roadmap across the Wholesale and Ventures portfolio. We have huge
ambitions, particularly within the digital space across the organisation, with opportunities everywhere
you look; from optimising our existing digital estate, to building out new features and creating whole
new digital channels.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.