4 months ago
About the role
What are we doing?
We’re passionate about Digital and Customer Centricity being at forefront of our strategic agenda and we’re fully committed and engaged in developing our digital capability to deliver new propositions, products and services to our customers.
Following the recent news of our exciting joint venture with Allianz, we’ve been busy working on a brand new General Insurance Digital Strategy and Roadmap, which looks to rebuild and transform LV= into a truly authentic, agile and creative digital organisation. We’ve never been more empowered and forward thinking when it comes to imagining how LV= can grow, in order to meet our ever evolving customer’s needs, wants and wishes.
So where do you come in… well you join us right at the very beginning. You’ll be a creator and enabler of this journey and will help us shape, develop and grow LV=’s digital future.
About the role
As Digital Product Owner, you’ll work collaboratively with the Proposition team and once funding is secured you’ll be responsible for delivering digital propositions initiatives into product implementations, using Agile methodology where appropriate.
Your role will focus on delivering our digital agenda and providing customers with choice, making us easier to business with, offering frictionless transactions and putting our customers at the very heart of everything we do.
Day to day you’ll work with a high degree of autonomy and accountability and your key responsibilities will be;
* Define, communicate and reinforce the product vision; make it visible
* Collaborate with stakeholders to define & communicate the product roadmap
* Break down and prioritize delivery of products and features by developing and maintaining the product backlog, user stories, and cross-product dependencies
* Own the end-to-end co-ordination, management and delivery of digital initiatives/scrums
* Lead Sprint planning meetings; explain feature priorities and requirements to the development team
* Manage project activities on a daily basis via our change management framework
* Ensure product backlogs are continually managed and prioritised so that feature/scrum teams are fully optimised in delivery
* Work collaboratively with stakeholders and external suppliers to ensure buy-in, alignment and successful delivery of the digital roadmap/agenda
* Ensure all initiatives have defined business cases and that outputs are aligned to deliver the changes required
* Engage technical delivery areas (engaging separate Project Managers/Product Owners) to ensure application and infrastructure changes are scoped and delivered
* Proactively manage issues, risks and dependencies taking action as appropriate to achieve urgent resolution, escalating clearly and promptly as required
* Secure funding and resource as appropriate
* Manage Project/Scrum budgets as appropriate
* Lead the Sprint Review (demo) along with stakeholders to provide fast feedback on sprint results
* Perform acceptance testing for user stories and features
* Lead sprint retrospectives and contribute to continuous process improvement
This role can be based in either Bournemouth or Croydon. The successful applicant will be required to travel to other sites 25% of the time.
First and foremost you’re passionate about product delivery, come from a product role within a start-up, technology, financial services, customer services or retail based environment and have proven experience in delivering proposition and product initiatives using Agile methodology.
You’ll have leadership, communication and collaboration skills and are used to working with Digital, Project / Programme managers and Technology individuals.
With strong change management, commercial acumen and customer focus, you have the ability to make balanced decisions quickly. You’re self-motivated, dynamic and pro-active, with energy and ability to create pace, make change happen and bring others along with you.
Rewards and benefits
We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
* 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
* a competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
* an annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
* Single cover private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
* a flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance, childcare vouchers)
* a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel. Up to 50% discount on your car insurance and up to 20% discount from our life products.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
Here at LV= we always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook. We’re also proud to say we’re an equal opportunities employer. Why not follow us on Glassdoor and take the opportunity to see real reviews of what it’s like to work here.