8 days ago
Digital Product Owner – Permanent – Milton Keynes
Digital Product Owner – Permanent – Milton Keynes
South East England
Turn big plans for your career into action
This is a Product Owner role, sitting within a digital team located in Milton Keynes. You will report directly into one of the digital platform Product Owners on either the Mobile, Digital Account Opening or Online Bank.
Delivering seamless, consistent and efficient customer journeys and experiences across Digital, you will bring to life the Santander way of being Simple, Personal and Fair for customers by placing customer experience and delivery of real customer needs, at the heart of all our development activity.
Previous exposure to the Banking sector, is desirable but not essential. More important is your passion for Digital. The role will require market leading knowledge of best practices digital customer experience and commercial digital outcomes.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Digital Product Owner your main responsibilities will be
* As the Product owner for the Digital product team they will work as part of an agile squad as the product owner to identify and deliver the Santander Digital experience.
* Identification, refinement and prioritisation of features. Identification and measurement of outcomes / management of business case. Delivery of successful end to end customer journeys.
* Enabling the successful delivery of products, processes or services in terms of timing, cost, customer experience and quality.
* Acting as the interface between technology and the business making decisions on what is best for the product.
* Creates supporting documentation for escalation to Digital Steering / Senior Management.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Ideally suited to a “digital native” i.e. someone with experience in a Digital Agency, or who has an active interest in what makes for a great digital experience, in banking or in fact across other areas, including in their personal day to day activities.
* Expert knowledge in mobile and/or digital with the ability to rapidly learn and understand regulatory environment and core banking products.
* Has highly developed knowledge and understanding of the key accountabilities gained through previous experience in a digital or retail commercial environment.
* Ability to think conceptually, creatively and without precedents in order to continually develop functional area.
* Thought leader in mobile and Digital development, service, transactions, customer experience, and customer centred design; with good relationship building, influencing & negotiating skills, up to executive level both internally & externally.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here