2 months ago
This new role working within the Superdrug Mobile team reports in to the Head of Superdrug Mobile Partnership and requires someone able to act autonomously to set the direction for Superdrug Mobile’s online strategy, seeking input from a wide range of stakeholders. Managing an external digital development agency, you will implement the strategy, driving a bi-weekly sprint cycle, to deliver enhancements to the digital infrastructure. Your changes will drive the Superdrug Mobile business forward, including increasing sales, renewals and providing superior customer care.
You will have the technical understanding of standard web development methodologies to allow you to hold the sprint team accountable for their deliveries. You will also provide ad-hoc best practice consultancy to wider Superdrug Mobile team, where you will be the single expert in online.
In the role of Technical Online Product Owner you will perform the role of Product Owner, managing an outsourced cross functional agile team containing design, development and test resource as well as a scrum master.
As the product owner, you will seek input from all other members of the Superdrug Mobile team, including Superdrug sales, marketing and care teams based in Croydon and the dedicated Three operational team in Maidenhead. From there you will clearly articulate your vision for success related to the initiative. You will ensure the delivery team has a full understanding of the KPIs for a particular piece of work.
You will take a scientific approach to your work looking to use data to back up proposals and you will make sure measurement occurs after every execution, relating this back to Superdrug Mobile’s overall business targets.
In addition you will be the single sign off on the proposed execution of the delivery team and as such will confirm you are confident this execution will achieve the KPIs set out for the business. You will also manage the communication between the delivery team and any key stakeholders around the business. First class stakeholder management skills are required to manage the diverse set of customers.
Roles & Responsibilities
What makes this role unique?
You will create your own initiatives that will be added to the digital backlog. You will play a vital part in acquiring and retaining customers for Superdrug Mobile, through providing superior online journeys for both sales and service. You will have the ability to influence significant Commercial & Customer Experience business outcomes that impact the bottom line for the business.
Key Focus Areas
* Driving commercial performance & capability to our customers
* Achieving our key customer and sales targets by improving our commercial journeys
* Working effectively with key stakeholders across the two parent companies to understand and deliver on their requirements
* Cross functional working is critical to the success of the role and the product owner should be ensuring key stakeholders are fully engaged and working closely with the delivery team at all times
* Measure and present your delivered benefits back to stakeholders and team on a regular basis
* Writing user stories and acceptance criteria as well as liaising with business stakeholders and customers to gather all requirements.
* Attend backlog grooming and sprint planning sessions as well as sprint reviews, and ensure the team clearly understand the vision and business outcomes that you are trying to deliver
* Work with digital experts within Three UK, Insights team and Marketing to ensure you keep up to date with latest insights and opportunities
* Prioritise work based on business outcomes and impact to customer experience
* You will possess great attention to detail and efficient in time management. You will also be very flexible and adapt to our fast paced environment.
* Hold the outsourced development team to account, showing strong vendor management skills, to get the best return on investment.
* As the team expert in online you will be able to share your knowledge with the wider multi-disciplinary team to shape direction of the business and the overall roadmap for the business.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
We'd LOVE it if you had some of the following:
* Experience working in an Agile/Lean environment focusing on iterative delivery.
Stakeholder management of both internal and external
partners to ensure that they deliver agreed priorities.
* Commercially astute, with a background in online sales and sales performance
* High level of creativity and problem solving skills.
* A level of expertise that excites and scares us together with the desire to share your expertise.
* Authenticity. We want you to be you, not the "work" version of you.
* Excellent storytelling skills.
* The confidence to influence, share and collaborate with multiple stakeholders
* An analytical mind that uses empirical data as well as opinions to back up your arguments and fight your cause.
* Lead the industry with best practice and innovation, feeding these insights back into the team.
* The ability to do more with less. The desire to look for simpler but better solutions.
* We adore people who can scare us with their practitioner expertise but we get just as excited with amazing cultural fits.
* The ability to operate and thrive in ambiguity, yet be able to communicate clear priorities