5 months ago
Reports to: Digital Lead
Closing date: 25.07.2018
Purpose of role:
A strong and passionate Senior Digital Designer who will drive and bring to life The Body Shop’s global brand purpose through best in class Digital campaigns. You will take direction from the Head of Creative and Creative Leads working collaboratively with a multidisiplined omnichannel team and key Digital stakeholders to create distruputive, engaging consumer and mobile campaigns and experiences.
As the Senior designer you will support on concept development of visual design and oversee the development of creative projects within the digital space while fully understanding the full 360 onmichannel customer journies, touchpoints and product strategies.
This is a hands on position responsible for translating briefs to creative strategic platforms and stories, creating world-class campaigns from concept and following the journey to execution. You will work closely and collaboratively with the Brand, Developers, Digital and Ecommerce teams.
Key Job Accountabilities:
Someone who thrives faced with new challenges, willing to think and work in new ways and able to communicate positively, debate with peers and various stakeholders.
* Support and develop a strong understanding of the Brand Purpose and business strategies to deliver high quality campaigns and assets through a ‘consumer first’ lens; promoting products whilst brand building
* Bring the global brand strategy and positioning to life and effectively communicate this in a coherent, disruptive and distinctive visual identity across all touch points
* A strong understanding of multichannel design and how this transfers across touchpoints and platforms. You will be digitally focused in your approach to design and concepts
* Alongside the Creative leads you will conceptualise, develop and support the creative process bringing to life ideas and campaigns across the global brands omnichannel touchpoints and platforms
* A confident individual who is able to develop, edit, present and influence strong and best-in-class 360 omnichannel consumer-first ideas and campaigns
* Close Partner to content, copy and packaging: responsible for bring the brand’s Purpose to life through strong design. Works collaboratively with design teams across projects from concept through to final output. A proactive and collaborative spirit, willing to step in and support all team members
* Working constructively and collaboratively with Developers, Product and Digital teams when required to deliver digital output of the highest quality and to brief
* Deliver strong and ‘best in class’ 360° seasonal campaigns spanning omnichannel platforms, to ensure a joined up customer journey. Staying on track with emerging digital trends and culture and engaging with the wider digital creative community
* Champion global consistency across all global touchpoints ensuring that language is clear, compelling and that sets us aside across the globe
* Deep understanding of The Body Shop Purpose strategic framework and ability to translate it into design guidelines, a champion for the brand
* An excellent team player, flourishes in a multicultural environment, is an active listener and interacts effectively
Experience & Skills:
A pro-active and capable individual who thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Strong leadership skills, be able to enforce and influence deadlines, yet understand when there can be flexibility and commanding respect from across the business.
* Proven experience of working in a Digital Senior Design role; working cross functionally within a fast-paced environment and delivering strong levels of success through design led propositions that match corporate objectives
* Passionate about creativity and design across multiple touchpoints
* Evidence of delivering strong campaigns
* Broad understanding of multidisciplinary design
* Experience working cross-culturally or in a global environment
* Strong communicator, influencer and able to priotise projects
* Flexible outlook with a solution-orientated approach
* Excellent interpersonal skills – can communicate concisely and confidently at all levels
* A strong focus on ‘getting things done’
* Strong decision making
* Strong commercial and consumer-focused driven approach to marketing/events
* Retail/Fashion/Beauty industry experience is an advantage
* Abreast of current trends and competitor set
* Current knowledge of retail – both The Body Shop and other relevant brands
* Current and fluent knowledge of key digital software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and Digital workflow tools