5 months ago
Enterprise, Blackfriars, London
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
BT’s Enterprise division is committed to bringing innovation and transformation to our market, delivering for our customers, contributing to the communities we work in and generating profitable revenue growth for BT. It is the business facing unit of BT and sits alongside Consumer, Global Services and Openreach.
Our Wholesale operation provides services to more than 1,400 communications providers. We help them achieve their goals by offering them innovative, reliable and cost-effective products and services that complement their own capabilities. This means that we can share in their success.
Our Ventures teams are key components of BT’s overall business. We've got a broad and deep range of products and services as well as a wealth of experience in delivering them to customers. Amongst our portfolio are the following businesses: Redcare, Phone Book, Payphones and tikit.
Our digital function underpins all of these services, providing self serve operations for the 1400+
Communication providers through BTWholesale.com and MyBTWholesale, sales leads for each of our growing ventures businesses as well as B2C experiences within growing areas such as the Phonebook.
It’s a diverse but hugely exciting portfolio of products. The digital team owns all internal and external platforms including Email, Social, Web and apps. We’re on a mission to also simplify our digital estate and building capabilities that give us a world class user experience and marketing tools. We’re in the process of moving all of our web estate onto Adobe Experience Manager to give us great flexibility when it comes to publishing content, a more powerful analytics platform, along with new capabilities such as A/B testing, campaign management, greater SEO
optimisation and personalisation tools.
What you'll be doing
* Defining the user research roadmap for the financial year
* Working with Digital Product Managers, UX and UI Designers to identify opportunities to gather insight about new digital features and optimisations of existing digital estate
* Using your experience to identify the best method to gather your required insight
* Defining recruitment briefs for user research sessions
* Defining discussion guides
* Depending on your chosen research method and budget available you might be leading an agency to run the research sessions, or you might be expected to run the sessions yourself
* Working with the UX and UI Design teams to ensure that your design input is polished and meets the research needs
* Identifying key insight from the user research and presenting this back to key stakeholders.
* Driving through change where customer led insight directs us to do so.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
* Performing a digital user research role within a delivery focussed environment
* Working on complex and broad product offerings
* Driving change through customer centred insight
* Strong presentation and influencing skills
* Ability to analyse both qualitative and quantitative insight to identify patterns and actionable
* Hands on experience running user research sessions
* Great collaboration with other members of the UX and Design team
Why choose us?
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.