4 months ago
Direct Marketing Assistant
Overall Job Purpose
This role is responsible for assisting in the planning, implementation and delivery of multi-media direct marketing campaigns to hit sales targets on a range of print and digital products.
In this varied, challenging and fast paced position you will have the opportunity to work on campaigns across a wide range of iconic magazine brands including BBC History Magazine, BBC Science Focus Magazine, Cycling Plus, Mollie Makes and many more.
* Assist with devising a range of multi-media campaigns using direct marketing channels and techniques, to include offline promotional activity, online and digital marketing.
* Communicate with a wide range of editorial teams on a daily basis
* Write creative briefs including design instructions and copywriting
* Help to oversee campaign implementation on time and within deadline
* Co-ordinate multiple campaigns at the same time across a range of print and digital edition products
* Create and maintain promotional schedules to ensure all activity is accurately recorded
* Manage email marketing campaigns by updating and proofing copy, devising subject lines and scheduling sends
* Help to manage spend and keep accurate detailed records of all costs
* Campaign management – set up promotional campaigns to ensure sales are captured
* Support with the analysis of results and help apply them to future campaigns to increase campaign effectiveness and sales
* Assist with monthly reporting ensuring all figures are reported accurately within the timeframes required
* Competitor analysis – monitor competitors across the portfolio on a monthly basis
* Work with the app-marketing team on tactical campaigns and to keep track of new developments
* Be creative and seek out new opportunities to improve the overall performance of campaigns
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
* Organisational skills – The DMA will need to be able to prioritise and manage their workload in order to meet a range of deadlines. Multi-tasking skills to be developed through assisting with a number of campaigns simultaneously.
* Communication skills – The DMA will need to able to develop relationships with the existing team and also a wide range of people across the business
* Literacy - Having a good grammatical skills base, the DMA will be able to put together promotional copy for marketing material
* Attention to detail – The ability to produce work to a high level of accuracy often under time pressure
* Marketing/business related qualification preferable but not essential