3 months ago
Direct Marketing Assistant/Executive
Overall Job Purpose
Immediate Media Co has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and preferably experienced Direct Marketing professional to join the subscriptions team working on the weekly titles: Radio Times and Match of the Day. Radio Times sells more copies on subscription than any other weekly magazine in the UK. With over 250,000 subscribers, this makes it the UK’s most subscribed-to weekly title by volume – with 12 million copies mailing each year. This is an exciting opportunity to work on the best-selling quality guide to TV and radio in the UK which has a weekly following of over three-quarters of a million readers. BBC Match of the Day is the market-leading weekly football title, and the only football magazine which is integrally linked to the popular television show.
This role requires a talented and enthusiastic Direct Marketing Assistant/Executive to help drive subscriptions volume whilst delivering profit to the business. As Immediate Media’s biggest title, Radio Times’ subscription revenue is critically important. The Direct Marketing executive will support the Direct Marketing Manager to maximise magazine subscription sales and contribution across Radio Times and Match of the Day, identifying and championing all opportunities for further growth. The Direct Marketing Executive is responsible for planning, briefing, executing, tracking and analysing key marketing campaigns across both on and offline channels.
Campaign planning, implementation, analysis and presentation of results feeding this back into the marketing planning cycle are vital for this role. This will also include working with the editorial and brand marketing teams to deliver compelling promotional material.
* In-magazine: Produce compelling creative across page adverts and insert formats. Devise a robust testing plan to continue to drive acquisitions through conversion of newsstand readers. Source incentives where appropriate.
* Direct mail:supporting on the sizable direct mail campaign cycle to approx. 100k recipients. Helping to produce a timeline and list plan based on previous results.
* Online: Maximise opportunities to drive subscription sales on radiotimes.com, motdmag.com, buysubscriptions.com, and external sites.
* Email: Plan, implement and analyse email campaigns using both the internal database and external lists.
* Telemarketing: Carrying out and reviewing regular cost-effective campaigns.
* Cross selling: Look at ways of maximising this channel across the wider Immediate Media portfolio and 3rd parties, testing offers and creative to maximise results.
Keeping on top of all key marketing process such as campaign set up, purchase orders and spend tracking are extremely important. There is a list of regular weekly, monthly etc. tasks which are crucial for the day to day ruining of these two titles.
Reporting, Analysis and Forecasting
A large part of the role will involve input into reporting subscription KPIs to key brand stakeholders, providing insight into current campaign activity performance, and contributing to forecasts under the guidance of the Marketing Manager. Analysis will be a key part of daily activity.
The candidate will also work with suppliers to manage the mailing process for subscription copies, ensuring that subscribers receive their copies in a timely fashion each week. A sensible approach to customer service is essential.
The role will involve administrative work such as raising purchase orders.
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
* Subscriptions Marketing Experience: This is not essential but the ideal candidate would have some experience of working within subscriptions marketing in the publishing environment, and some experience in devising and implementing direct marketing campaigns with testing plans, compiling analysis and creating reports.
* Analytical Thinking: Approaches decision-making using analytical techniques. Breaks things down into component parts. Enjoys devising and following systematic working methods.
* Attention to Detail: Good attention to detail is essential, and experience of this can be shown through University or part time work.
* Numeracy: Able to use Microsoft Excel competently. Shows confidence and accuracy when dealing with mathematical calculations, and interpreting data.
* Strong Communicator: Builds appropriate rapport easily at all levels. Engaging and open, and uses tact and diplomacy. Communicates effectively in one-to-one, small and large groups, with peers and management. Can adapt style and approach to different audiences. Writes clearly and succinctly and ensures that the message comes across helpfully and as intended.
* Organisation: Good planner and organiser. Assumes responsibility and understands when there are peaks and troughs in workload. Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of projects/tasks. Organises work and resources to meet deadlines. Uses initiative to step in where necessary. Measures performance against goals and evaluates results.
* Team Player: Works as part of a team to achieve common goals through shared ambition, communication and collaboration. Actively contributes to the team, understands team goals and how he/she fits in. Supports other team members and knows when to ask for help. Doesn’t work in an isolated way. Encourages input from others. Bounces ideas off other people. Works together to create best outcome/result for the team.
* Creativity: Identifies new opportunities and approaches. Champions new ideas and initiatives. Encourages calculated risk taking and seeks different perspectives. Questions the status quo. Thinks about how new ideas will work pragmatically.