11 months ago
Direct Marketing Executive
Last Date for Application
Overall Job Purpose
Immediate Media Co has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and preferably experienced Direct Marketing professional to join the subscriptions team working on our six monthly titles including: BBC Gardeners’ World, BBC Good Food and Lonely Planet Magazine.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on market leading magazines that set the standard in their sectors and have highly engaged and loyal subscribers.
This role requires a talented and enthusiastic Direct Marketing Executive to help drive subscriptions volume whilst delivering profit to the business. As these titles are some of Immediate Media’s biggest titles, subscription revenue is critically important. The Direct Marketing Executive will support the Direct Marketing Manager to maximise magazine subscription sales and contribution across all titles, identifying and championing all opportunities for further growth. The Direct Marketing Executive is responsible for planning, briefing, executing, tracking and analysing key marketing campaigns across both on and offline channels.
The role will comprise campaign planning, implementation, analysis and presentation of results feeding this back into the marketing planning cycle. This will also include working with the editorial and brand marketing teams to deliver compelling promotional material.
* In-magazine: Produce compelling creative across page adverts and insert formats. Devise a robust testing plan to continue to drive acquisitions through conversion of newsstand readers. Source incentives where appropriate.
* Direct mail:supporting with any acquisition, retention or winback DM
* Online: Maximise opportunities to drive subscription sales on the magazine brand sites
* Email: Plan, implement and analyse email campaigns using both the internal database and external lists.
* Telemarketing: Carrying out and reviewing regular cost-effective campaigns.
* Cross selling: Look at ways of maximising this channel across the wider Immediate Media portfolio and 3rd parties, testing offers and creative to maximise results.
* New activity: Research and propose tests for emerging media channels and their suitability for direct marketing activity to drive subscription sales.
Reporting, Analysis and Forecasting
A large part of the role will involve input into reporting subscription KPIs to key brand stakeholders, providing insight into current campaign activity performance, and contributing to forecasts under the guidance of the Marketing Manager. Analysis will be a key part of daily activity.
The candidate will also work with suppliers to manage the mailing process for subscription copies, ensuring that subscribers receive their copies in a timely fashion each month. A sensible approach to customer service is essential.
The role will involve administrative work such as raising purchase orders.
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
* Subscriptions Marketing Experience: This is not essential but the ideal candidate would have some experience of working within subscriptions marketing either in the publishing environment or elsewhere. Some experience in devising and implementing direct marketing campaigns with testing plans, compiling analysis and creating reports.
* Analytical Thinking: Approaches decision-making using analytical techniques. Breaks things down into component parts. Enjoys devising and following systematic working methods.
* Attention to Detail: Experience of proof reading, and accurate representation of campaign results. Is meticulous at recording data.
* Numeracy: Able to use Microsoft Excel competently. Shows confidence and accuracy when dealing with mathematical calculations, and interpreting data.
* Strong Communicator: Builds appropriate rapport easily at all levels. Engaging and open, and uses tact and diplomacy. Communicates effectively in one-to-one, small and large groups, with peers and management. Can adapt style and approach to different audiences. Writes clearly and succinctly and ensures that the message comes across helpfully and as intended.
* Organisation: Good planner and organiser. Assumes responsibility and understands when there are peaks and troughs in workload. Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of projects/tasks. Organises work and resources to meet deadlines. Uses initiative to step in where necessary. Measures performance against goals and evaluates results.
* Team Player: Works as part of a team to achieve common goals through shared ambition, communication and collaboration. Actively contributes to the team, understands team goals and how he/she fits in. Supports other team members and knows when to ask for help. Doesn’t work in an isolated way. Encourages input from others. Bounces ideas off other people. Works together to create best outcome/result for the team.
* Creativity: Identifies new opportunities and approaches. Champions new ideas and initiatives. Encourages calculated risk taking and seeks different perspectives. Questions the status quo. Thinks about how new ideas will work pragmatically.