3 months ago
Make an impact on our business and the business world.
The Director, Global Brand, Communications, and Market Intelligence will play an integral role in the Global Network Services (GNS) Global Product and Marketing team, part of the GNS business. GNS operates in all regions globally to drive scale and relevance for the American Express Brand. The successful candidate will help to create a truly differentiated position for the Amex Network through our brand platform, based on competitive and customer insights.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Play a critical role in the development of a Network Value Proposition for all customer segments in close partnership with Global Advertising and Brand Management (GABM), delivering a global Network Brand platform that sits within the umbrella of the new Global Brand Strategy,
* Work with internal resources (Director, Marketing Excellence) and external resources (agencies) to produce assets in line with Network Brand platform that can be deployed locally, and ensure global consistency across all creative and content,
* Act as lead contact for Corporate Affairs and Communication (CA&C) to develop network level content and assets that can be deployed across a number of PR channels to build strong presence for the network in local markets,
* Work closely with Amex Insights team to gather global competitive and customer insights/intelligence to differentiate GNS Value Proposition for Bank Partners,
* Support Vice President, Marketing Effectiveness on 360 marketing plan and development of assets for Partner Forums,
* Lead and develop a team with 2 Direct Reports.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* Previous Brand, PR and/or communications experience.
* Experience within a global COE or marketing consulting in a leadership capacity, ie able to work across central and local teams/leaders and galvanize them against common objectives with clear results.
* Able to drive results across multiple parallel processes across multiple regions under tight deadlines.
* Superb strategic thinker, able to convert strategy into clear, actionable marketing tactics. Strong, prior experience developing innovative strategies and executing against roadmaps.
* Able to create and manage central processes to accurately assess strategic priority of global marketing needs and influence leaders and internal teams to on delivery approach.
* Well-rounded product and marketing experience with advanced knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product, and communications management, including working with agencies.
* Excellent external, local market trends and competitive landscape knowledge.
* Extensive experience leading external resources (agencies) with internal resources to deliver against key initiatives.
* Uses understanding of cultural differences to influence actions and decisions.
* Passionate customer focus with a growth mindset and determination to succeed.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below.However,If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 29, 2018, 6:19:07 AM