10 months ago
The Finance Operations team manages Google's cash transactions on a global basis and ensures that Google's incoming and outgoing cash processes are controlled, effective and efficient. As a member of this team, you'll find innovative ways to manage our complex set of transactions. You thrive on making processes more efficient and scalable, you work to ensure the highest level of quality of our operations and you proactively minimize operational risk. Externally, you collaborate with our outsourcing partners and internally, you collaborate across the five areas of the Financial Operations team: Global Revenue Operations, Procure to Pay, Electronic Payment Services, Business Process Outsourcing, and Payroll.
Business Finance ensures that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Director of Business Finance, your work, and that of your team, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. Working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to resolve big picture challenges.
You are a leader, manager and mentor, providing financial leadership and analytical support to partners of the core Finance team as well as giving your own team support. You'll keep senior management informed on key financial metrics and work to improve financial operation practices throughout your region.
In this role, you will partner with several business areas and support functions such as, but not limited to, Hardware, Google Play, Android, Marketing and Real Estate. You will provide financial and analytical support through a deep understanding of our products, the market, and our customer usage trends. By taking a long term view while acknowledging short term impact, the Finance team and you will help evaluate the highest and best use of resources. You will have an impact on the trajectory of business economics by providing a point of view on new business opportunities, resource allocation decisions, analysis of business performance and new technology.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
* Provide thoughtful leadership and influence executive level decision making through deep analytical insight into core business decisions such as prioritization of business growth opportunities.
* Manage end-to-end view of our business, partnering with key members of the Finance team on specialized execution to enable business acceleration.
* Develop suitable headcount and budgets, ensuring that business is supported optimally across regions, channels and products.
* Understand accounting principles and regulatory requirements specific to the business and advise on expected outcomes.
* Engage with global Finance teams to drive scalable tools, analysis and insight, while considering finance readiness in launches and offer advice and options for accelerating the business in a smart way that mitigates risk. Drive the development of your team members and enable them to excel in the global Finance organization
* BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Chartered management or financial accountant qualification (CIMA, ACA or equivalent).
* Experience in technology, advertising or media industries.
* Experience within the finance sector.
* Experience in planning and managing at both the strategic and operational level.
* Proven ability to adapt and excel in a constantly evolving environment.
* Ability to create and foster strong cross-functional networks and influence without authority.
* Proven analytical skills, with demonstrated commercial acumen and business judgement.
* Excellent leadership, influencing and communication skills.