7 months ago
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Are you a Digital Marketing Director looking for your next role with an award-winning global retail business? Then we’d love to hear from you!
WHY WORK FOR THE BODY SHOP?
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. Over 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible.
Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
In fact, this is an incredibly exciting time for The Body Shop. We’re fighting for what we believe in now more than ever. No holding back. Breaking the mould has always come naturally to us, and we need someone who’s not afraid to mix things up.
WHO ARE NATURA &CO?
The Body Shop, along with Aesop and Natura, is part of Natura &Co, a global, multi-channel and multi-brand cosmetics group that is committed to generating positive economic, social and environmental impact. Group owner Natura is Brazil's number one cosmetics manufacturer. Sustainable development has been the company's guiding principle since it was founded in 1969.
THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
Develop the global digital marketing strategy (customer engagement, acquisition and retention) and operating model in conjunction with the Digital leadership team. Lead the execution of that strategy in EMEA markets and guide execution other markets. Define the digital campaign/event and content strategy, manage delivery of digital assets. Work collaboratively with Ecommerce Directors, GMs and other stakeholders to plan and execute digital marketing, social media and digital campaigns to achieve budget. You will play a critical part in the digital transformation of The Body Shop. This role will transform the way The Body Shop goes to market to recruit new customers, drive orders and grow sales.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
* Define and develop the global digital marketing strategy (Paid digital media, affiliate marketing, SEO, social media, content marketing) and operating model (organisation design, governance, suppliers, tool sets, measurement methodology) to deliver against growth targets – eCommerce and store
* Plan and execute digital marketing activity in EMEA markets. Provide clear and effective planning, budget and execution guidance to other markets
* Liaise with Ecommerce Directors, market GMs and broader stakeholder set to agree forecasts and budgets across digital marketing disciplines. Manage direct cost centres in line with budget agreements and establish appropriate governance and control over global digital marketing investment
* Work collaboratively with Brand and Customer stakeholders to agree effective digital content and campaign strategy – and then ensure efficient production of assets (working closely with Creative Studio)
* Prioritise and make trade-offs to drive sales and profit growth for The Body Shop
* Use industry, competitor and in-house insight and analytics to drive the business
* Coordinate closely with the Ecommerce Directors, CRM Director and Digital Product Director to ensure efficient, effective end to end customer experience
* Ensure that The Body Shop brand values and expression are felt by the customer, coordinating with other parts of the organisation to ensure this occurs
* Act as the point of contact in the business for digital marketing
* Work closely with the Customer Strategy and Analytics Director to ensure digital marketing strategy aligns with broader customer acquisition and retention strategy. Collaborate to ensure appropriate customer-level performance analysis of marketing activity
* Establish and lead the global digital marketing community – fostering knowledge share and consistency of execution and analysis
* Seasoned digital marketing leader, with experience ideally from an eCommerce, or preferably multi channel, retail environment
* Experience working in multi-national matrix organisations
* Experience driving sales growth across multiple countries
* Excellent understanding of eCommerce, SEO, social media, CRM, loyalty and paid digital media
* Strong manager and able to build, develop and motivate a high performing, multi-location team
* An effective leader able to create buy-in and influence across a large number of stakeholders
* Commercially driven with a focus on the numbers and growth levers
Our global HQ is located in the heart of East Croydon – 1 minute walk from the train station and is just 10 minutes train ride from Clapham Junction and 16 minutes from London Victoria. Our brand new office opened just over one year ago and provides a light, modern and open-plan work space that includes an onsite global café and even a living wall in the reception area.
Want to join the Body Shop team? Then please apply today – as well as a competitive salary, here are just a few of the rewards and benefits you can look forward to when you join us: a 5% non-contributory pension plan, 23 days holiday, 3 days a year to volunteer in the local community, 50% staff discount and access to product sample sales, access to Perks At Work our online shopping channel with exclusive deals & discounts, as well as LOVE money to spend on your well being and personal development. We have also implemented ‘Work Wise’ into our HQ - flexibility of ‘in-office’ hours, the ability to work remotely and a new meeting charter. Here at The Body Shop we’ve got your best interests at heart – it’s our way of saying thank you!