3 months ago
The Director of Digital Media & Products is responsible for setting and implementing the digital strategy for the Company in line with advertising, marketing and editorial goals. Reporting to the Managing Director of B2B, they will oversee all digital product development including brand websites, event websites, online education, and other new product lines or brand extensions to be determined. While P&Ls reside in the advertising and marketing areas, the Director is responsible for optimizing revenue driven digitally. The Director will leverage his or her broad background in media working across digital platforms and product formats to realize corporate and individual goals. He or she works closely with all department heads—Advertising, Marketing/Audience, Editorial and Information Technology—to create a nimble, modern and cohesive digital products, solutions and revenue delivery for the B2B group.
Scope and Impact of the Role
The Director will provide digital leadership across the organization and across disciplines, creating standards and best practices for the organization. He or she will have an enormous impact on the company’s leadership position in its highly competitive market sectors, as well as on the company’s overall business success.
Key Role Responsibilities:
* Optimize the quality, performance and financial growth of Future’s B2B digital products in a way that assists the growth in audience, traffic and digital advertising.
* Along with the Business Unit revenue leaders, identify market opportunities and conceive and implement product evolutions and new products to grow online advertising participation and revenues.
* Design and manage individual product roadmaps, along with product managers.
* Manage and prioritize internal and external resources to meet product deadlines.
* Develop and maintain a data-driven framework that continually measures and monitors the performance of Haymarket’s product suite, enabling quantitative rationales for performance improvement.
* Oversee/work closely with Analytics Lead and internal teams to promote effective use of measurement tools to monitor performance of revenue generation processes and audience growth; ensure that data/analytics are provided to department as required.
* Collaborate with Advertising, Marketing, Editorial and Technology teams to drive revenue, profit and engagement from digital channels.
* Identify and lead negotiations with third-party vendors and content partners to enhance digital offerings and/or increase reach and engagement.
* Conduct assessments and advise on buy/partner/build decisions for product development.
* Drives all SEO, SEM, yield optimization, and digital marketing initiatives.
* Collaborate with Technology and Editorial/Design regarding CMS and UX/UI of all digital products.
* Develop and implement a plan to monetize social and mobile.
* Develop and institute best practices throughout the organization, evangelizing, teaching and facilitating as required to achieve uniform adherence to standards and processes.
* Stay abreast of changes in algorithms.
* Serve as in-house advisor for trends and standards in digital media, marketing, product, social and mobile; stay abreast of emerging technology.
* Work with community members to grow and deliver traffic, engagement, and revenue.
* Work with Customer Service to identify, diagnose, and coordinate response to site-related customer-facing issues.
* Manage the monthly product launches and weekly site refreshes.
* Keep track of all site changes, review all creative assets and provide weekly reporting.
* Partner with the Digital Marketing team to ensure the best customer experience from all marketing channels.
* Understand and optimize conversion paths to increase AOV, conversion and overall sales and profitability.
* Support all digital advertising, including banner and text ads, social media, content and eCommerce initiatives.
* Attend meetings to plan and develop site content, style and appearance, making recommendations as required.
* Implement the architecture, content management and user experience as agreed upon with content, merchandising, and marketing stakeholders.
* Analyze website statistics and offer and implement actions from this analysis.
* Write reports for senior managers, clients and partnership organizations.
* Carry out quality assurance checks on content.
* Report technical problems to IT support staff.
* 10+ years’ experience in digital product development
* 7+ years as a leader and manager of digital strategy and execution
* Successful record of defining and launching digital products that resulted in audience growth, revenue growth and/or new market/brand positioning
* The ability to balance business and technology issues
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* A proven ability to attract and hire top talent
* A keen understanding of analytics and how to use it to drive customer engagement
* A collaborative work style
* Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
* Strong emotional intelligence
* Ability to travel
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
* Excellent interpersonal skills as this role needs to coordinate and collaborate across many functions
* Prior experience managing an ad supported web site
* Prior experience working with technology teams to drive delivery
* Ability to monitor and improve the site UX for both content and advertising
* Has worked in an environment where the quality of digital content is held to the highest standards and is a driver of business performance
* Significant experience with web analytics for content and advertising and strong SEO. Proficient in both Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics
* Data-driven and have experience with A/B and multivariate testing (and can interpret results)
* Solid grasp of all sources of digital marketing