2 months ago
Johnson & Johnson Medical Companies produce a broad range of creative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of orthopaedics, neurological disease, infection prevention, cardiovascular disease, and aesthetics. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is the best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Distribution Business Manager within Medical Devices. This position is responsible for leading Distribution and Warehousing at the Capitol Park facility in Leeds.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Day to day running of the Distribution and Warehousing operation
* Plan and lead all distribution activities including but not limited to inbound receipts, picking, packing, shipping, Warehousing activities and transportation services to meet or exceed key important operating metrics
* Develop and mentor Distribution staff to achieve operational excellence
* Building a flexible organisation to ensure the highest quality and service to our customers. While maintaining performance, discipline and ensuring attendance of Distribution personnel
* Ensure strict compliance with all Quality & HSE regulations by working closely with departmental leads
* Building and owning an organisational infrastructure to support future growth
* Working in conjunction with MD&D on the future strategies for all markets supplied with the Distribution Centre
* Working with the various Supply Chains to align processes and procedures
* Ensures tight control and accuracy of inventory
* Identify, sponsor and assist in the deployment of CI projects
* Offer Support and direction to all personnel
* Support and advise Operations Manager as required
* Apply Credo values in an open and ethical manner
* Ensure that all routine operational issues are resolved to the happiness of the franchise
* Ensure personnel with potential, gain experience and exposure to responsibilities to enable advancement and cultivation of talent.
* Lead Performance management reviews
* Identify, sponsor and assist in the deployment of meaningful training
* Work with the Operations Manager to ensure the successful integration of new Franchises/Business processes
Shared management responsibilities:
* Health, Safety & Environment management.
* Contribute to performance management.
* Quality assurance and audits.
* Action quality/bond issues
You will build strong internal and external relationships with:
* All Distribution personnel
* Customer Services
* All JnJ Franchises
* Other Distribution Centres
Qualification, Experience and Special Aptitudes:
* Deep understanding of the objectives of Distribution and how they fit into the wider context
* Deep understanding of key contacts within the distribution centre/UKSC
* Knowledge of work instructions and SOP’s
* Knowledge of aviation security
* High level knowledge of all relevant operating systems used within the distribution Centre
* Proven ability to motivate, encourage and build a strong team
* Demonstrates strong leadership qualities
* Strong experience managing a team in a PD environment
* Experience of building strong supply chain/logistics interdepartmental relationships
* Strong communication skills at all levels, verbal and written
* Ability to make strong judgement, demonstrates Credo values
Johnson & Johnson are an equal opportunity employer.
Depuy Int'l Ltd. (8722)