about 1 month ago
Driver Safety & Development Coach
North West Region - Field Based Role
We are looking for a Driver Safety & Development Coach to assist in the reduction of occupational road risk & road traffic incidents, coach and support commercial Drivers as well as Branch Managers and educate in road transport regulations & company policy.
You will be responsible for delivering Driver CPC training, helping line Managers reduce overall Driver and transport related risk profile, help maintain compliance within the business ensuring Operator Licence Undertakings are maintained to the highest levels.
* Assess and reduce transport risk in the division, to help protect Company employees and other road users.
* Investigate deviations from legislative compliance and Company policy, including vehicle and traffic prohibitions. Make recommendations to improve driver standards.
* Proactively identify drivers (pre assessment coaching) who may be lacking knowledge - WTD and drivers hours infringements.
* Assist with accident investigations, identify trends and conduct post collision assessments.
* Guide and coach Branch and Store Managers in aspects of road transport regulations and company policies regarding transport.
* Deliver driver CPC (DCPC) training, all drivers in the division 7 hours per year over a 5 year period.
* Use a variety of performance measures to identify trends to help Branch Managers and Regional Directors improve their driver safety and transport compliance performance. Sharing best practice and celebrating success across the business.
To be successful in this role you will have previous experience coaching drivers in driving techniques, commercial vehicle driving and training delivery.
You must have LGV C, C1, C+E, Licence, Crane & Moffett certificate, an in date Driver Qualification Card and Train the Trainer and Transport Managers Level 3 certificate would be desirable.
We are looking for someone who is an excellent communicator, showing strong people skills and gaining buy-in to influence whilst being able to demonstrate. You will have knowledge of WTD, EU Hours, Road Law, Safe Operation of Commercial Vehicles and Licences - Driver, DCPC, Tachograph Regulations. Due to the regional coverage required, regular overnight stays are required.
Travis Perkins group are the UK leader in the building materials and home improvement markets. Recognised as one of Britain’s Top Employers since 2010, we offer our employees access to extensive career opportunities across 21 businesses..
Our strong family values and 'cornerstones' lie at the heart of the success of our journey. If, like us, you put customers at the heart of everything you do, then please apply today !