3 months ago
The role of content in eCommerce has become increasingly important to consumers as they seek out expert buying advice to inform ever more complex online buying decisions. So we are becoming more complex in how we drive the eCommerce business at Future forward. We are evolving our team as we strive to think even more like a retailer, with a greater focus on the audience, content and retailer relationships to drive category performance.
eCommerce is the fastest growing department in Future, and some might argue in all of publishing. Our purpose is to unite readers with the products that enable them to pursue their passions. We do this through our engaging content and our deep relationships with retailers. Last year we worked with over 2,000 retailers including Amazon, Walmart and John Lewis, helping our global audience buy an average of 12,000 products every day. Technology is our heartland but we also help our audience buy products ranging from Homeware to Cycling. To deliver this we have developed our own proprietary Price Comparison solution, Hawk, that allows our audiences to compare prices on over 250m products.
You’ll be part of a dynamic, forward thinking and collaborative team, that thinks fast and acts more like a retailer than a publisher.
Job Summary & Purpose
Working directly with the Retail & Merchandising Director you will monitor the performance of each of the categories that we cover. Using your deep analytical skills you will look at performance across all our brands and at every part of the sales funnel to identify where there are opportunities to help more of our audience buy the products they love.
You are most likely a graduate with a couple of years experience in a retail eCommerce role. You understand how to analyse and interpret category performance and know how we should merchandise our pages to drive audience engagement and sales for our retail partners. This is an exceptionally exciting role for the right candidate to use the knowledge that they have gained to date in a related discipline in a new industry.
Key role responsibilities
* Monitoring and analysing category performance across all our digital brands and territories
* Identifying and making recommendations as to how to drive funnel performance
* Liaising with editorial, product and commercial teams to deliver initiatives to drive performance
* Reporting back to stakeholders on the results of the initiatives taken
* Understanding the audience buying journey and the important role our content plays in driving this
* Producing weekly trading reports and interpreting this data to pull out the salient points and turning that data into information that can drive performance
Essential skills and experience
* Experience as an eCommerce manager/ merchandiser or similar in an online retailer
* Experience of the categories we are involved in a plus (Technology, Lifestyle, Fitness) but not essential
* Demonstrable track record in driving sales performance by turning data into action and results
* Highly numerate and analytical, you can see the ‘odd man out’ in a sea of numbers and determine what it is telling us and what we should do about it
* Experience of working with Product Development beneficial
* Ability to effectively communicate your ideas and get buy-in across multiple levels of stakeholders
* An understanding of what motivates our retail partners and how our content plays an important role in their customer acquisition strategies
* A good working knowledge of Web analytics tools
* Commercially astute and driven