4 months ago
As the role of content in eCommerce has become increasingly important to consumers as they seek out expert buying advice to inform ever more complex online buying decisions so we are becoming more complex in how we drive the eCommerce business at Future forward. We are undergoing an evolution in our development as a team as we strive to think even more like a retailer, with a greater focus on the audience, content and retailer relationships that drive category performance.
The eCommerce department is the fastest growing department in Future, and some might argue in all of publishing. Our purpose is to unite readers with the products that enable them to pursue their passions. We do this through our engaging content and our deep relationships with retailers. Last year we worked with over 2,000 retailers including Amazon, Walmart and John Lewis to help our audience buy an average of 12,000 products across the globe every day. Whilst Technology is our heartland we also help our audience buy products ranging from Homeware to Cycling. To deliver this we have developed our own proprietary Price Comparison solution, called Hawk, that allows our audiences to compare prices on over 250m products.
You’ll be part of a dynamic, forward thinking and very collaborative team, that thinks fast and acts more like a retailer than a publisher.
When retailers are trying to be more like publishers and the role of content in driving eCommerce performance is seeing a buzz like never before this is an incredibly exciting opportunity to bring your eCommerce management skills apply them to content that really sells. We definitely don’t do the hard sell- our content helps people to buy and we measure the effectiveness of it just like a retailer would. At the end of the day that comes down to cold hard cash, an attitude and approach we expect to resonate with you.
We are looking for an experienced eCommerce expert with extensive experience of driving category performance. Whilst we don’t have to worry about warehouses, shipping, returns and markdowns, we do have to merchandise our content to drive the best performance in each category that we operate in across all our digital brands and this is going to be the main focus for this role.
A senior eCommerce retailer you will have experience in category management and merchandising and are excited by the opportunity to take your skills and apply them in the fast moving world of publishing.
Key role responsibilities
* Driving category level performance across all our digital brands and geographical markets
* Reviewing, analysing and responding to trading data determining tangible actions to drive performance
* Determining and communicating actions to drive performance to multiple stakeholders including Product and Editorial
* Leading weekly trading meetings
* Looking at the entire customer journey and identify CRO opportunities
* Managing the team’s commercial focus with clear objectives and goals
* Leading by example and sharing your knowledge and retail experience with the wider team
* Driving peak trading performance
* Monitoring industry trends and ensure that we are well positioned to capitalise on them
* Supporting the team in understanding the motivations of retailers when it comes to their relationships with content partners
* Reviewing and analysing current performance of CRO (A/B testing, call to action, editorial quality, heatmaps, colours etc.)
What do I need to succeed?
* Proven track record in driving multi-category eCommerce sales across multiple geographies
* Worked at Director Level leading a team of 5+ people, focused on enabling high performance and development of talent.
* Track record in turning data into actionable insight
* Experience of delivering proven results in the categories in which we specialise a definite plus (Tech, Gaming, Music, Hobbies, Home Interest, Creative)
* Experience of managing relationships with affiliate partners beneficial
* An understanding of the fundamentals of SEO
* Familiarity of web analytics tools
* The ability to identify and deliver product changes that drive ROI
* Highly analytical and numerate
* Strong leadership capabilities
* Commercially astute and driven
* You must be able to demonstrate that you can effectively communicate your ideas and goals and gain buy-in and engagement from stakeholders at all levels in the business
* You will need to be adaptable and flexible to operating in a completely new role and industry – bringing your retail and ecommerce experience into a fast paced and vibrant media business.
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives. Together, we connect people to their passions through the high-quality content we create and the innovative technology we pioneer. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join!
Future is the name behind market-leading brands in specialist sectors across technology, gaming & entertainment, music, creative & photography, hobbies, knowledge and home interest.
We’re dedicated to creating loyal fans of our brands, and the number is growing all the time. Our global reach is phenomenal with over 250 million consumers across 180 + world-leading brands. It’s an incredible privilege to have such a passionate audience base across our websites, magazines, social media and events.
But that’s not enough – we continue to add to our portfolio and restlessly look to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We are developing leading-edge proprietary technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform and the figures speak volumes:
Online audience growth
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across the UK, US, France and Australia
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
Let’s do this!
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is your dream job!