4 months ago
The eCommerce department is the fastest growing department in Future, and some might argue in all of publishing. Our purpose is to unite readers with content that helps them make important buying decisions and make it easy for them to find the best deals on the products they want to buy. You’ll be part of a dynamic, forward thinking and very collaborative team.
Job Summary & Purpose
Working with the Senior Product Manager and our excellent team of US editors you will be responsible for providing our US audience with the best possible deals available in the market on the products they are researching. You will ensure that we have the right retailers represented in our eCommerce shopping widget, Hawk, and that the products and prices are correct so that we can provide an optimal user experience for our readers.
Key role responsibilities:
* Matching correct products to the contents of an article.
* Identifying key retailers that should be represented in our content.
* Identifying opportunities to add new retailers
* Identifying price fluctuations and ensuring editors are informed of new deals.
* Working with editors to ensure they are supported and can provide the best deals to our audiences.
* Undertaking detailed analysis of product and article sales performance across multiple websites.
* Monitoring performance of our eCommerce widgets and working closely with the Senior Product Manager and Tech Lead to fix any technical issues.
Essential skills and experience:
* Ideally you will have experience in a similar role within retail or eCommerce but for us the transferrable skills and behaviors are key.
* You will need high levels of attention to detail as your role will involve keying data and cross checking information.
* Excellent communication skills are a must – you’ll need to collaborate with a wide range of people in the US and UK.
* Knowledge and a passion for technology will mean you will understand our customers as well as be able to get the most from the systems.
* You will have an understanding who the retailers are in key categories such as computing and mobile technology.
* Highly organised and methodical- there’s plenty to do and we move quickly so you’ll have to keep on top of many spinning plates.
* You’ll need an analytical mindset for this role and be great at finding pragmatic solutions to problems.
* You’ll be using a variety of software platforms so a good understanding of Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets is essential and experience of using other analytical tools would be a bonus.
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives. Together, we connect people to their passions through the high-quality content we create and the innovative technology we pioneer. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join!
Future is the name behind market-leading brands in specialist sectors across technology, gaming & entertainment, music, creative & photography, hobbies, knowledge and home interest.
We’re dedicated to creating loyal fans of our brands, and the number is growing all the time. Our global reach is phenomenal with over 250 million consumers across 180 + world-leading brands. It’s an incredible privilege to have such a passionate audience base across our websites, magazines, social media and events.
But that’s not enough – we continue to add to our portfolio and restlessly look to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We are developing leading-edge proprietary technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform and the figures speak volumes:
Online audience growth
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across the UK, US, France and Australia
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
Let’s do this!
?To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a cover letter explaining why this is your dream job!