9 months ago
Future’s Photography group creates international, market-leading photography tuition and product advice, delivered through award-winning print brands, the fastest-growing photography website, and the UK’s leading event for image-makers.
The group’s magazine include Digital Camera, PhotoPlus, N-Photo, Digital Photographer, and Professional Photographer. Delivering the latest kit reviews, tutorials, interviews and advice, the print portfolio is created by expert photographers, and every issue promises to help readers improve their images.
DigitalCameraWorld.com is the fastest-growing photography website, and the online home of digital photography; it’s the place where image-makers of all skill levels can get the latest news, expert buying advice, inspiring tutorials, exclusive competitions, and get inspired by some of the world’s best images.
The Photography Department’s content is brought to life at the UK’s multi-award-winning and leading event for image-makers: The Photography Show. Held at the NEC (16-19 March for 2019), The Photography Show is packed with inspiring speakers, training zones, and the world’s leading camera and gear manufacturers exhibiting their latest products. Attracting more than 30,000 photographers every year, The Photography Show has quickly become the most important date in the UK imaging industry’s calendar.
Job Summary & Purpose
As Editor of DigitalCameraWorld.com you will be responsible for driving the rapid global growth of the website. You will play a very hands-on role, to help ensure that audience, commercial, and ecommerce targets are all delivered through the production of engaging editorial content on the website and via the associated social channels.
Reporting into the Consumer Technology EiC, you will play a role in developing the digital content strategy for the site, executing content plans, and delivering to the agreed strategy. You will ensure that content is produced to the very highest standards – whether generating it yourself, overseeing work from other team members, commissioning new content, or repurposing editorial from Future’s portfolio of magazines.
You will understand the needs of the audience, and help deliver the audience development strategy as agreed by the Consumer Technology EiC and Brand Director. You will be able to attract and engage a profitable international audience through outstanding content, and will help broaden the site’s appeal into new and emerging products as appropriate..
You will have a good understanding and enthusiasm for ecommerce, and be a driving force to help maximise this opportunity on DigitalCameraWorld.com. You will work closely with the group’s wider team, including the Group Editor-in-Chief, the magazine brand teams and other relevant stakeholders to ensure the site delivers content that connects with our wider audience of photographers. You will track the success of the site’s content through analytics tools, and adjust content plans appropriately in response to data.
You will have line management responsibility of the site’s Operations Editor, and will direct both technique and product-related content creation for the website. You will work closely with the magazine editors to ensure we drive maximum efficiency from any existing content, and realise opportunities to repurpose extensively.
You will work closely with other teams in Future to manage the implementation of website tools, social strategies and video. You will be hugely excited about the clear opportunity to continue to grow the DCW brand globally.
Key role responsibilities
* Deliver global audience and brand growth in line with expectation working with the Consumer Tech EIC, Brand Dir, and Audience Development Team
* Develop digital content strategies working with the Consumer Tech EIC, Brand Dir, and Audience Development Team
* Deliver against an agreed content plan that supports growth of audience, revenues, and ensures that DCW continue to perform well for key targeted Search terms
* Produce and commission outstanding content
* Working with Audience Development to build a loyal and engaged audience through SEO, video, social, e-mail and other relevant channels
* Establish and communicate KPIs, ensuring that these are met
* Identify where there are opportunities to fill content gaps that enable the brand to serve its audience better
* Work closely with commercial teams to deliver our commercial commitments to our advertisers
* Identify new opportunities to deliver new tools and functionalities on the site that will add value for our audience
* Be a passionate champion of the visitor journey, ensuring that DigitalCameraWorld.com constantly delivers the highest user experience
Essential skills and experience
* An enthusiast photographer, with a strong knowledge of the sector, and the relevant trends, techniques and products that will be of interest to our readers
* A solid understanding of cameras, imaging products and photographic accessories
* Proven ability to write high quality engaging, relevant content
* Proven ability to manage the creation of high volumes of content at pace
* Proven understanding of SEO, and methods of identifying and ranking for, targeted terms
* Deep and up-to-date knowledge of digital content approaches, including social channels, content marketing, and email marketing
* A global outlook, and understanding of the international photography market
* Numerate and analytical
* Experience of content management systems
* Ability to work as part of a wider team
* Able to interpret and use audience behavioural data
* Excellent communication skills
* A great eye for the aesthetic
Future plc is an international publishing and media group, and a leading digital business. Founded in 1985 with one magazine, today we have offices in London, Bath, Bournemouth, Bromsgrove, New York, San Francisco and Sydney. At Future we believe in teamwork that transcends location.
Future is a global platform for specialist media with scalable, diversified brands. We strive to create fans of our brands by giving them a place where they want to spend their time, where they go to meet their needs; continuing to create loyal communities. We are expanding our global reach through organic growth, acquisitions and strategic partnerships while diversifying our monetisation models to create significant revenue streams.
Our focus is in the core areas of consumer technology, games & entertainment, music, knowledge & science, field sports, home interests and photography & design. At Future, we’re constantly innovating and we are passionate about what we do!
Behind our titles is a team of world-class editorial, creative and tech talent working together to connect, inspire and entertain our global audience. Sitting alongside are a team of business specialists, commercial and enabling functions who support every aspect of Future’s operations.
With superbrands such as PC Gamer, TechRadar, GamesRadar+, MusicRadar & TeamRock, Future’s digital properties complement its print portfolio, reaching millions of unique visitors globally each month. We have successful and growing revenue streams in international licensing, contract publishing, eCommerce and a rich portfolio of events.