25 days ago
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience engaging in a business, political, media or non-profit environment.
* Experience writing article, speeches and/or op-eds
* Experience turning simple ideas into blogposts, articles or other persuasive written work with little editing needed.
* Knowledge of tech and geopolitics in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and experience taking appropriate positions on issues relevant to either or both.
* Demonstrated drive and humility, with the ability to make things happen, big and small, across time zones and teams, coupled with the grace to point the spotlight on others.
* A passion for, and keen understanding of what it takes to work across different countries and cultures.
About the job
As a member of the Global Communications & Public Affairs editorial team, you will write and edit content that is true to the Google voice, in its many forms. You will work closely with Google executives and their teams to write and edit speeches, op-eds and blog posts that span the entire company--including product areas, regions, corporate news and the fun stuff in between! We're looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them simply. You will also have the opportunity to come up with new ideas for content, uncover engaging stories and flex your creativity wherever needed.
As the lead in EMEA for editorial, you will help write and polish much of the most important written work coming from Google in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. The focus of your role will be helping us tell Google’s story, whether it’s framing our latest product launch, showcasing people benefiting from our digital skills training, or writing about our responsible innovation. You will be the editor of the Google Europe blog and will also take the lead on op-eds, serve as an editor and writer for other our EMEA blog posts, and you’ll get to take on a host of interesting writing and editing projects.
It's our job to help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders--and our own employees--about the benefits of Google's products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. We are looking for quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious people to join the team. To succeed here, you'll need to be a creative self-starter who is willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, comms, marketing, product and beyond.
* Develop written materials in conjunction with Google’s communications teams, product teams and executives when necessary.
* Develop and implement a strategic op-ed program for Google in EMEA, writing and editing across a range of critical issues.
* Write and edit content for the Google Europe blog, and other local blogs across the region as needed.
* Assist with writing and editing projects where needed, helping us write better statements, talking points, soundbites, video scripts and more.
* Collaborate closely with global, regional and country communications, policy and other teams.