8 months ago
Information on the company
With offices in Hong Kong, Mexico, Munich and headquartered in London this is a highly respected recruitment agency made up of over 40 staff, mainly ex finance professionals who deliver an industry leading service on an international scale.
This is a full-time job opportunity. Salary: £24k.
Key responsibilities of the role:
* In this role they'll expect you to work with the Managing Director and all the sector and country teams to identify, prepare and deliver appropriate product and marketing messages to our target market groups. You will need to get up to speed with the sector and company processes super quickly so that you can add real value.
* The person who works best here needs to be prepared to listen to what their people say and build on their knowledge. They don’t want someone who thinks they know best – they operate in a small, discreet and complex market where mistakes can easily damage their reputation. But they do want you to be creative and add to their discussions. Whilst your initial focus will be implementation, they expect you to have the potential to be able to add strategic value to their business as you get up to speed with what they do and how they do it. They want you to move their business forward and they'll reward you for doing so.
* They also want you to be able to produce first draft copy for their campaigns as well as for their interactions with the press. You should be able to take a piece of their research and produce enticing material for their consultants and Managing Director to use in the media.
* Every day will be different. You’ll have some fixed points with the balance of your time focused on special projects. One day you might be enticing bulge bracket bankers to engage with them and on another you might be disseminating thought leadership on developing a gender diverse culture where all team members can flourish. Whatever you are working on, your day will fly by.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
* You should be able to write well with excellent grammar, spelling and creative flair
* You’re going to need ultra-strong Excel, Access and PowerPoint Skills
* You will have a great eye for detail and for balance in a layout - you should be able to see when something doesn’t look quite right
* You should have excellent attention to detail and strong written and verbal presentation skills
* You need to be able to listen and learn and you have to be happy engaging in conversation with a variety of people
* You will be used to working in a fast paced and changing environment and have the ability to pro-actively spot problems and identify creative solutions
* You will have a degree at bachelor level
* An eye for design is a necessity in this role and expertise in Photoshop, InDesign and PowerPoint would be a big plus. We also use a variety of other software products as well as social media, so an enthusiasm for all things digital is key.
* You will be familiar with email campaigns and we need you to have basic to medium level expertise in HTML in order to use our own purpose built email campaign tool. You’ll also need to be good with data to be able to test what works and think about how we improve engagement rates. The success of our business is built on relationships rather than products: we need to get to know people and they need to get to know us and we use our marketing to identify the right people and then deliver products and services of real value to them.
What are the perks of working at this company?
* They are a lovely team based in Covent Garden, hard-working during the day, with a nice sensible finish time of 6pm, as work-life balance is important to us.
* The office is right on the edge of Covent Garden, on the corner of The Strand and Southampton Street. This is a fun, lively, vibrant part of town with no shortage of places to go at lunchtime and plenty of after work venues for a quick drink with the team before heading home.
* They've been in business for 20 years, are established and well thought of in our niche and still growing alongside our market.
* Working here will give you the opportunity to build on your skills, learn new ones and take a step up in responsibility.
* They are experts in helping our people manage their careers – which is great for our people also
* Regular inter-company events, which in the past have included, sports days, white water rafting and weekends away
Apply for this role